GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Lord of the Rings: NVidia please take heed."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 12/06/01 at 21:27
Regular
After browsing as i do through what is 'Game Network' on Sky. I came across an Interview with NVidia, the guys responsible in developing 'The Lord of the Rings' on the (so far) X-Box.

What wasn't surprising here was their approach, they gave assurances that the game would remain faithful to the detailed book. Did we not hear this before, especially from Peter Jackson-New Line cinema's up coming LOTR Film?. After all they too promised to stay faithful to the book, but according to sources, they added their own parts of the story and gave lead roles to characters that weren't as prominent in the Original trilogy books. I really hope NVidia stick to their promise and give us all a game that will have us engrossed.

The books are superbly detailed and there is no excuse whatsoever that the developers haven't enough design, plans and info to go on.
Tolkien explains the world in wonderful detail right down to the grass,leaves on trees and general characteristics of the lead roles.
If NVidia 'Stick to the Book', Pun intended, then we should all have an RPG really to look forward to.
I Just hope that it will head to the Gamecube some day.
Which leads me to thinking.....'What would have happened if Miyamoto and the Big N had have got their hands on this licence??'
Tue 12/06/01 at 21:32
Regular
"Randomly Appearing"
Im re-reading the LOTR at the moment and in my opinion the movie is going to be terrible, mainly because it will probably miss out some of the best bits which aren't actually much to do with the destruction of the ring (eg. everything about saruman and the Ents will be missing)

I haven't anything about the game and didn't even know it was being made.
Tue 12/06/01 at 21:27
Regular
"Nasty Fat Hobbit!"
After browsing as i do through what is 'Game Network' on Sky. I came across an Interview with NVidia, the guys responsible in developing 'The Lord of the Rings' on the (so far) X-Box.

What wasn't surprising here was their approach, they gave assurances that the game would remain faithful to the detailed book. Did we not hear this before, especially from Peter Jackson-New Line cinema's up coming LOTR Film?. After all they too promised to stay faithful to the book, but according to sources, they added their own parts of the story and gave lead roles to characters that weren't as prominent in the Original trilogy books. I really hope NVidia stick to their promise and give us all a game that will have us engrossed.

The books are superbly detailed and there is no excuse whatsoever that the developers haven't enough design, plans and info to go on.
Tolkien explains the world in wonderful detail right down to the grass,leaves on trees and general characteristics of the lead roles.
If NVidia 'Stick to the Book', Pun intended, then we should all have an RPG really to look forward to.
I Just hope that it will head to the Gamecube some day.
Which leads me to thinking.....'What would have happened if Miyamoto and the Big N had have got their hands on this licence??'

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.