GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"playstation 2 problem"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 12/06/01 at 20:08
Regular
i have just bought a ps2 and i am very pleased with it
but the only thing i am not happy with is when i get to the game screen its not centerd i know that some times the options screens that the games have some times allow u to center the screens but some don't so i have to play the game with a s**t view .
its cant be the tv i have because my psx 1 works fine on it
and the tv is not very old (its a sony wega 28" wide screen)
has anyone eles have the same problems ??? is there summot up with my ps2 ????? can any one help

plz
Tue 12/06/01 at 20:08
Regular
i have just bought a ps2 and i am very pleased with it
but the only thing i am not happy with is when i get to the game screen its not centerd i know that some times the options screens that the games have some times allow u to center the screens but some don't so i have to play the game with a s**t view .
its cant be the tv i have because my psx 1 works fine on it
and the tv is not very old (its a sony wega 28" wide screen)
has anyone eles have the same problems ??? is there summot up with my ps2 ????? can any one help

plz
Tue 12/06/01 at 20:13
Regular
"Back For Good"
PSone games run slightly wider on a Ps2,where as the PS1 will diplay it in full screen if you run them on a PS2 you miss a little bit off the sides.

Alot of games have options to fix this but it is a pain.

Ps2 games work fine though.
Tue 12/06/01 at 21:06
It may depend on what games you're playing on too.

I have mild centering issues when playing ZOE (as do others), but all my other games are fine.

What game/s are you having problems with?
Tue 12/06/01 at 21:22
Regular
"MildlyAmusing.co.uk"
have you set it to full or 16:9 on the PS2 Options Menu?
Tue 12/06/01 at 22:59
Regular
I have this problem with my Hitachi 24", there is nothing you can o about it!! The MGS2 demo is the biggest culprit!!
Tue 12/06/01 at 23:11
As TomUK said, isn't there something on the PS2 options menu.
I don't seem to have any problems on my TV or the widescreen TV in my livingroom.
Wed 13/06/01 at 18:14
Regular
nAH I HAVENT TRYED IT BUT WILL DO CHEERS
Wed 13/06/01 at 18:14
Regular
nAH I HAVENT TRYED IT BUT WILL DO CHEERS
Wed 13/06/01 at 18:15
Regular
nAH I HAVENT TRYED IT BUT I WILL THANX
Wed 13/06/01 at 18:22
Regular
ups i think i have messed up this topic anyway
thanx all for the replys cheerws tom i forgot about the screen options on the ps2 menue
peace

L|NK|N B|ZK|T

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.