GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"[Game]Dead Space: Extraction - Review "

The "Retro Game Reviews" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Dead Space: Extraction'.
Mon 02/11/09 at 14:42
Regular
"Let's blow stuff up"
This game was released on September 25 2009. The predecessors release date was the October 14th 2008. If you liked House of the Dead: Overkill, you'll love this game.

The first Dead Space game came out on the PS3, Xbox 360 and Pc. It carries on from where its first version finished. Dead Space: Extraction is set 3 weeks before the events of Dead Space (last year's survival - horror), which saw the USG Ishimura mining ship infested with zombie like aliens. The engineer for the Ishimura, Isaac Clarke, attempts to survive after a routine repair mission gone wrong.

It all begins with a mysterious relic being found. This is referred to as the Marker. Most of the miners on the facility start to kill one another for no apparent reason and the zombie like aliens start appearing. Four very unlikely allies get together and fight their way free from the planet.

The Necromorphs, originally humans, like to consume and convert human flesh and are not like traditional zombies, instead of shooting their heads and they just die, you have to dismember their bodies.

Most of the weapons from its predecessor have been used in this game as well as a few new ones. Such as: the rivet gun and the arc welder.

After each level your progress throughout that level is "tallied up" and you are rewarded with health upgrades and unlock able challenge levels. Also, the most different bonus you can get is a series of voice acted comics. These tell an alternate storyline like your own and tell about the events that are to "unfold."

In the co-op play, the 2nd player may "drop in" at any time. Each player has their own ammo. This means that basically you both have to repeatedly press the kinesis button to compete for over drops. Also, with both remotes pointing at the screen, it means that both the on screen cursors tend to overlap.

I think that the voice acting brings the game more alive as they suit the characters very well.

The graphics are detailed from the light to the shadows.

The only downside for me is that it is slightly repetitive.

Overall 9/10
There have been no replies to this thread yet.
Mon 02/11/09 at 14:42
Regular
"Let's blow stuff up"
This game was released on September 25 2009. The predecessors release date was the October 14th 2008. If you liked House of the Dead: Overkill, you'll love this game.

The first Dead Space game came out on the PS3, Xbox 360 and Pc. It carries on from where its first version finished. Dead Space: Extraction is set 3 weeks before the events of Dead Space (last year's survival - horror), which saw the USG Ishimura mining ship infested with zombie like aliens. The engineer for the Ishimura, Isaac Clarke, attempts to survive after a routine repair mission gone wrong.

It all begins with a mysterious relic being found. This is referred to as the Marker. Most of the miners on the facility start to kill one another for no apparent reason and the zombie like aliens start appearing. Four very unlikely allies get together and fight their way free from the planet.

The Necromorphs, originally humans, like to consume and convert human flesh and are not like traditional zombies, instead of shooting their heads and they just die, you have to dismember their bodies.

Most of the weapons from its predecessor have been used in this game as well as a few new ones. Such as: the rivet gun and the arc welder.

After each level your progress throughout that level is "tallied up" and you are rewarded with health upgrades and unlock able challenge levels. Also, the most different bonus you can get is a series of voice acted comics. These tell an alternate storyline like your own and tell about the events that are to "unfold."

In the co-op play, the 2nd player may "drop in" at any time. Each player has their own ammo. This means that basically you both have to repeatedly press the kinesis button to compete for over drops. Also, with both remotes pointing at the screen, it means that both the on screen cursors tend to overlap.

I think that the voice acting brings the game more alive as they suit the characters very well.

The graphics are detailed from the light to the shadows.

The only downside for me is that it is slightly repetitive.

Overall 9/10

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.