GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Ever actually completed a game?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 12/06/01 at 18:25
Regular
Has anyone actually finished a game? I mean really finished it? Got every single secret without cheating.. and I mean EVERY single secret - all difficulties, hidden things (eg. Golden Skulltalas on Zelda).

I sadly have never completed the more recent games. However my first game I ever called was an old game from years ago. It was a point and click adventure from Sierra (they used to do lots of these) called "Ecoquest" an underwater adventure where you helped out a little dolphin. But still.. I hadn't got EVERY single point available therefore hadn't fully completed it :(

I've seen many games in my time. Game gear, gameboy, master system, play station, Nintendo 64... yet the only game I have ever completed is Mario Land 2 for the gameboy. The only game!!! And as far as I'm aware I think I did everything possible. However I've NEARLY finished games like Zelda 64 (completed it but couldn't find about 6 gold skulltalas) Alex the Kidd (got about half way through), Donkey Kong 64 (would have completed it if I was any good at arcade Donkey Kong which I thought was a very sad and lazy addition by the Rare team) and more notably and sadly Sonic the Hedgehog on the game gear.. I was in the car playing for a whole journey and got to the VERY VERY LAST LEVEL with just one life. The sad part was we had got somewhere and my parents made me get out the car, and when I said "I just have to complete this level" i really did mean it.. unlike those other times when you just say it to get an extra 50 minute game :). Alas the parents put pressure on me telling me to hurry up and this resulted in me making a silly mistake... I never got back to that level again.. how evil parents can be :(.

So as I stand now I have come close to completing many games but I am yet to finish every single game.. there is a long way to go to do that. I'm just not the skilled game player some people manage to be. I despise you people who can complete the hard setting on Perfect Dark and Goldeneye I really do.

So in future when you complete those games be proud of your accomplishments as it is a great achievement and please think of me and my struggle to complete even one.
Thank you for reading.
Tue 12/06/01 at 18:25
Regular
"Fear my wrath..."
Has anyone actually finished a game? I mean really finished it? Got every single secret without cheating.. and I mean EVERY single secret - all difficulties, hidden things (eg. Golden Skulltalas on Zelda).

I sadly have never completed the more recent games. However my first game I ever called was an old game from years ago. It was a point and click adventure from Sierra (they used to do lots of these) called "Ecoquest" an underwater adventure where you helped out a little dolphin. But still.. I hadn't got EVERY single point available therefore hadn't fully completed it :(

I've seen many games in my time. Game gear, gameboy, master system, play station, Nintendo 64... yet the only game I have ever completed is Mario Land 2 for the gameboy. The only game!!! And as far as I'm aware I think I did everything possible. However I've NEARLY finished games like Zelda 64 (completed it but couldn't find about 6 gold skulltalas) Alex the Kidd (got about half way through), Donkey Kong 64 (would have completed it if I was any good at arcade Donkey Kong which I thought was a very sad and lazy addition by the Rare team) and more notably and sadly Sonic the Hedgehog on the game gear.. I was in the car playing for a whole journey and got to the VERY VERY LAST LEVEL with just one life. The sad part was we had got somewhere and my parents made me get out the car, and when I said "I just have to complete this level" i really did mean it.. unlike those other times when you just say it to get an extra 50 minute game :). Alas the parents put pressure on me telling me to hurry up and this resulted in me making a silly mistake... I never got back to that level again.. how evil parents can be :(.

So as I stand now I have come close to completing many games but I am yet to finish every single game.. there is a long way to go to do that. I'm just not the skilled game player some people manage to be. I despise you people who can complete the hard setting on Perfect Dark and Goldeneye I really do.

So in future when you complete those games be proud of your accomplishments as it is a great achievement and please think of me and my struggle to complete even one.
Thank you for reading.
Tue 12/06/01 at 18:39
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
I completed Godeneye on all difficulty settings and with all cheats. I suppose that counts as completely completing it. Oh no. I just thought, you could say that you hadn't completed it unless you had completed every level on 007 mode with enemy accuracy, reaction speed, health and damage all set to maximum. This however, would be impossible even for the most experienced gamer because the enemies have so many hits you would run out of ammo pretty quickly. I did this on Bunker 2 with infinite ammo and golden gun on but I suppose using cheats doesn't really count does it.
Tue 12/06/01 at 18:42
Regular
"Back For Good"
YES, I've completed all Resident evils and seen every single tiny thing in them. you can see some of the weapons which were in the game early in production like a Pick Axe and some other secrets.
Tue 12/06/01 at 18:45
Regular
"( . ) ( . )"
I have totally completed every single Crash Bandicoot game, with the exception of Crash Bash. I have also completed Int'l Track/Field and I have also totally finished Metal Gear Solid.
Tue 12/06/01 at 18:52
Regular
""
I've totally completed Croc no cheats!
I've totally completed Zelda OOT and MM no cheats!
But I must admit i've stuck on Goldeneye!

By the way how do you get those captions under your name!
Tue 12/06/01 at 18:57
Regular
"Whatever!"
Completed Street Fighter II on the SNES, hardest difficulty setting but I dont think I had all the bonuses and I didnot cheat!!
WCW/NWO Revenge I completed every mode, won all the bouts but I cant remember if it had any secrets or hidden extras!
Tue 12/06/01 at 18:58
Regular
"Whatever!"
As for Goldoneye, completed the first two difficuly settings and to this very day I am stil stuck on the highest level. I havent got every cheat yet I dont think!!
Tue 12/06/01 at 19:02
Ive completed Goldeneye, killed Baron Samedi. Ive also completed Silent Hill, Metal Gear Solid, Driver1 and Driver2. Alot more too except the list would be too long.

My question is with so many hidden levels etc.. in games how are you suppossed to know when you complete a game???
Tue 12/06/01 at 19:03
Actually I havent got every cheat on Goldeneye yet, although to be honest how are you suppossed to know how to unlock them, at least the cheats open easily in PerfectDark.
Tue 12/06/01 at 19:06
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
New Jimmy wrote:
> Ive completed Goldeneye, killed Baron Samedi.

Ah, but have you killed him three times. And you havn't actually killed him as he runs up behind you when you complete the level. Ah Ah. :)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.