GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Music in Games"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 12/06/01 at 17:02
Regular
I guess what this is really about is Does a good soundtrack to a game make it better?

I think it must. Take resident evil, if the music in that wasn't so atmospheric then would it have shocked you and scared you at key moments? Or what about wipeout, the music was fast and furious just like the gameplay. These games would still be great without the music they have but i think the music makes them that little bit more special. So should developers concentrate more on the music that they put into games? I think there should be alot of thought about what to use.

Another point

If internet gamming does become a big part of the future do you think that sony(for a small joining fee) should allow users to download demos of games and then give the developers feedback on what to improve and remove to make the game better.

Let me know what the rest of you think if you can spare the time.
Wed 13/06/01 at 21:21
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Aliboy wrote:

Another point

If internet
> gamming does become a big part of the future do you think that
> sony(for a small joining fee) should allow users to download demos
> of games and then give the developers feedback on what to improve
> and remove to make the game better.

That would be a great idea. It would only work if we had broadband connections or the demo was very small. A 50Mb demo would take about 2 and a half hours on a 56K modem while on broadband at 512Mbits(64K/s) then it would take 800 seconds or 13 and a third mintues.

I think that it would help developers include things that we want to play. Also tweak the controls, if they are making a racing game the controls can feel lose on some games. This could be straighted out as if everybody who played the game commented on this then they would change it to make a better final game.

I dont think we should have to pay for this as we would be doing the industry a favour. Instead of a developer pumping out a game that rates only 75% in reviews due to little bugs they could have a 90% game that alot more people would buy.
Tue 12/06/01 at 18:31
Regular
"Vote For Pedro"
i love the crazy taxi music - peformed by the offspring and bad religion it fits the gameplay perfectly. and really gets you going.

i wished they did the testing thing to.
ive wrote to many games shops and companies asking about demos and so far all i have resieved are some 2RED FCTION demos and 2 ps1 demo mag discs.
Tue 12/06/01 at 17:06
Regular
"Back For Good"
Wipeout Special Edtion's soundtrack is brilliant and without this fast pace trance music i still think the game would be good but just not the same.

and Res evil has some fantastic music which is also availible on a soundtrack CD.
Tue 12/06/01 at 17:02
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
I guess what this is really about is Does a good soundtrack to a game make it better?

I think it must. Take resident evil, if the music in that wasn't so atmospheric then would it have shocked you and scared you at key moments? Or what about wipeout, the music was fast and furious just like the gameplay. These games would still be great without the music they have but i think the music makes them that little bit more special. So should developers concentrate more on the music that they put into games? I think there should be alot of thought about what to use.

Another point

If internet gamming does become a big part of the future do you think that sony(for a small joining fee) should allow users to download demos of games and then give the developers feedback on what to improve and remove to make the game better.

Let me know what the rest of you think if you can spare the time.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.