GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Special Reserve SD RAM"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 12/06/01 at 14:31
Regular
Should Special Reserves SDRAM 100Mhz sims work with an Pentium motherboard with a P133 cpu????
Tue 12/06/01 at 14:31
Regular
"OLD Newbie"
Should Special Reserves SDRAM 100Mhz sims work with an Pentium motherboard with a P133 cpu????
Tue 12/06/01 at 14:33
Regular
The chips are backward compatible with PC66, but it depends on whether the motherboard will take the DIMMs and how much memory it will tkae per slot, you might find the most you can put in may be 16-32Mb per slot.
Tue 12/06/01 at 17:13
Ive got a DIMM slot but no motherboard manual, is there anyway to tell how much Ram I can add???
Tue 12/06/01 at 17:15
Regular
"Psytrance junkie"
Get the motherboard model name and manufacturer, and either check their website or phone them - this may be on the motherboard, but most diagnostics programs will be able to tell you it, or benchmarking/sysinfo utilities.
Thu 14/06/01 at 19:29
I doubt it.

My computer is a P200 I use EDO Ram on mine. I think they will only work on P2 systems and above.

Look on the boot up screen on mine a tanble comes up with all the technical listings of the motherborad. Look at where it says SDRAM Slots and EDo Ram Slots.

If you don't have SDRAM solts try buying some EDO Ram at an auction places like UK.Yahoo.com or E-bay.com. When you do make sure they come in pairs as they will not work on there own. Oh and if you do decide to go down this route you will have to replace all the Ram judgeing by your system spec I would say you have a total of 16MB or ram made up of too MB modules and your motherborad willonly have two solts for ram.

Hopes this helps you.
Wed 27/06/01 at 09:55
I definately have DIMM Slots, which is very strange for a Socket 7 motherboard. My bus speed is between 60 - 70 Mhz, so Ild have to get 66Mhz Ram.

Thanks for your help, I guess Ill just stay safe and will stick with the EDO Ram.
Thu 05/07/01 at 10:22
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
I hav an AMD K-6 2 333mhz on a Socket 7 motherboard and I have 2 SDRAM DIMM slots that already has one 32mb and one 64mb 100mhz SDRAM DIMMs on it. My mate Reaper[oV] says it will take 133mhz as well.
Thu 05/07/01 at 15:39
Regular
"Psytrance junkie"
i.e. if it doesn't work, you're blaming me..
Thu 05/07/01 at 18:02
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Ummm, yes.
Fri 06/07/01 at 21:38
Regular
"Psytrance junkie"
Well, they dropped it down to £26 now...if anyone sees it cheaper, please tell me..want to stock up a bit before DDR gets a large market share and the prices rise again.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.