GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Carboot sale sucess"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 19/09/04 at 15:01
"The Will of D."
I actually decided since we were planning a carboot sale between me and my sister that I would sell my N64 and games at last. I had about 12 games and the Mario 64 N64 pack and I sold the whole lot, almost all but the N64 and the 5 of the games during the first 5 minutes of setting up by the really really early buyers. I sold each game to begin with at £5 a piece then down to 4. Then when i was down to 4 games and the N64 I was wondering whether i would actually sell them, then luckily 2 9-ish kids persuaded their dad to buy the 4 remaining games and te N64 with Mario 64 and controller for £30. So i got just over £55 for the whole lot. But of course that wasn't the only thing there we sold during the morning (had to get up at 615 and be there at 6:30 for the early morning rush to get there, 10 minutes after we got there there was a huge queue to get in to sell stuff. Me and my sister shared the total profit 50:50 (£107.30) and got £53.65 each (i told you coz not everybody can work it out). So it was quite a good time altogether.
Sat 25/09/04 at 16:32
Regular
"Braaains"
gerrid wrote:
> If I ever get a call from someone in India trying to sell me something
> I just can never be bothered. They are so far away you just don't
> trust yourself to buy things. It really isn't a very good idea, in
> reality.

Not just India. Unless you know people overseas or on hols, get a CLI device and just ignore any calls showing as INTL - international.
Mon 20/09/04 at 19:38
"The Will of D."
Yeah, you would prefer to speak to someone of the same country or kingdom, but most of the time there are always varying accents of the same language that most people cannot fully understand, so t'd have to be from the same area mostly.
Mon 20/09/04 at 19:19
Regular
"bit of a brain"
If I ever get a call from someone in India trying to sell me something I just can never be bothered. They are so far away you just don't trust yourself to buy things. It really isn't a very good idea, in reality.
Mon 20/09/04 at 18:58
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
PsYİHo FoX 1987 wrote:
> I ddn't even realise they had english workers as most call centres
> either have lots of foriegn illegal immagrants working for them, or
> they are actually in the country they sound like. lol.

Well, im scottish, but i'll let that go. Sky is one of the few companies that have many call centres in britain because they know that call centres in India just don't work. Thats not to say they don't have Indian call centres, they transfer their calls to me all the time, but they have a very limited role in Skys infrastructure.

Even i can have problems understanding what they are saying, and that doesnt do anything but alienate the customer.
Mon 20/09/04 at 17:24
Regular
Ashman wrote:
> All your friends are either female or completely dim-witted Cookie?

Same thing.
Sun 19/09/04 at 22:47
"The Will of D."
cookie monster wrote:
> Ashman wrote:
>
> ;^P
>
> I work in a call centre. For Sky.

I ddn't even realise they had english workers as most call centres either have lots of foriegn illegal immagrants working for them, or they are actually in the country they sound like. lol.
Sun 19/09/04 at 22:30
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Ashman wrote:
>
> ;^P

I work in a call centre. For Sky.
Sun 19/09/04 at 21:49
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
All your friends are either female or completely dim-witted Cookie?

;^P
Sun 19/09/04 at 21:48
"The Will of D."
Will you give it a rest okay, i sold my N64 as I wasn't using it or considering about using it, and i've played all the games i had to death but i never did buy my N64 on the release date like so many people who may be old than me did, plus i was still by that time only considering what type of games i liked to play and those that i didn't, and at the time fps and action games weren't my cup of tea, still kinda the same today, but i still don't love them enough to buy them. Plus i might as well sell it so i can get more money to buy some of the decent upcoming games in the run up to christmas.
Sun 19/09/04 at 20:29
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
PsYİHo FoX 1987 wrote:
> I've got a GC and I don't even use it anymore, plus it's complicated
> to use the wires now that i have digital tv.

Oh dear, you sound like one of the poor saps who phone me up after theyve been decorating their room. "Ive pulled all the wires out, and don't know where they go".

MMMMMMMMUUUUUUUHHHHHHHHH

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.