GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Riddick"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'The Chronicles of Riddick: Escape From Butcher Bay'.
Sun 19/09/04 at 22:26
Regular
"Touched!"
Got this yesturday and only just started playing it today and I must say it's one of the finest games I've enjoyed for a long long time. From the moment you put the disk in you just have that feeling that it's going to be a great and I have to admit rare game to movie that's actually worth buying and playing.

The graphics while jaggy at times are certainly one of the strongest parts of the game, they've got vin disel's looks spot on, It's certainly one of the best if not best at times on the Xbox. I also love the way the elements of the gameplay work, the counter system is brilliant and provides a lot more depth to the gameplay than your average FPS, although in my mind this isn't the average run of the mill FPS.

I've only been playing the game for an hour but from what I've played this is certainly one of the best games I've played all year, I think decent single player games have been lacking recently but this has restored my faith in single player titles, more of this please.

Oh and how is this game not an 18? It's brutal, it's got swearing and plenty of it yet it's only an advisory 16+? Someone managed to sneak this past the BBFC I rekon!
Sun 19/09/04 at 22:26
Regular
"Touched!"
Got this yesturday and only just started playing it today and I must say it's one of the finest games I've enjoyed for a long long time. From the moment you put the disk in you just have that feeling that it's going to be a great and I have to admit rare game to movie that's actually worth buying and playing.

The graphics while jaggy at times are certainly one of the strongest parts of the game, they've got vin disel's looks spot on, It's certainly one of the best if not best at times on the Xbox. I also love the way the elements of the gameplay work, the counter system is brilliant and provides a lot more depth to the gameplay than your average FPS, although in my mind this isn't the average run of the mill FPS.

I've only been playing the game for an hour but from what I've played this is certainly one of the best games I've played all year, I think decent single player games have been lacking recently but this has restored my faith in single player titles, more of this please.

Oh and how is this game not an 18? It's brutal, it's got swearing and plenty of it yet it's only an advisory 16+? Someone managed to sneak this past the BBFC I rekon!
Sun 19/09/04 at 23:06
Regular
"All about the Beats"
Got down the pit yet?

Thats when it really kicks off.

'Tis excellent stuff.
Sun 19/09/04 at 23:48
Regular
"BOSE"
They can get more stuff into, let's use films for example, these days. Like Bad Boys I & II. I think II is more violent and seriously has more swearing in it.
Mon 20/09/04 at 00:16
"I love yo... lamp."
Games don't have to be submitted to the BBFC. They knew it would get an 18, so never submitted in case it damaged sales. Probably.
Mon 20/09/04 at 00:20
Regular
"BOSE"
It's 16+ ain't it?
Mon 20/09/04 at 00:25
Regular
"Touched!"
Daveus wrote:
> It's 16+ ain't it?

It's not enforced though so a 10 year old could buy it, but the seller could refuse that person if they wish.
Mon 20/09/04 at 10:41
Regular
Indeed. For me it is the best game on Xbox and one of the best games I have ever played. I know that sounds like a cliche and one which is thrown around too much but after 6 times playing it through collecting all cigarette packs and completing all sub-missions I can safely say that I wouldn't be bored if I went back to play it through again.

Once again though, a game over looked by the majority of people.
Mon 20/09/04 at 10:58
Regular
A shame too - it truly is an excellent game.
Mon 20/09/04 at 11:04
Regular
"8==="
Great game.

Thief 3 knocks seven bells out of it however.
Mon 20/09/04 at 12:11
Regular
"Touched!"
I'm hoping to get back to Riddick today, 9% left on Burnout 3 which is getting rock hard now :(

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.