GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What is the best power button"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 11/06/01 at 22:15
Regular
Another important post here...What is the best power button availiable on consoles of today.There are many systems out but what button do you push the most.This may seeema bit on the weird side but it is true.Power buttons are an important aspect of console gamin(LOL).

Consoles such as the N64 have big bulky power buttons which seem to hurt my fingers when I turn,it also seems a bit of a struggle to get the thing on.This case was the same for the other Nintendo console,Super Nintendo which again was stiff on the hands.One of my favourites is the ps2 one,you press it and a cool green light blazes out,that is so cool.But there is a probblem,it is just a little button and hasnt got any force behind it,so there you are lacking.

The original playtation has a massive button which seems to grind the side which isnt pleasant but like the new system has a cool light underneth.

Sorry but the prize for best console button (drum roll please) yes it is the Sega Dreamcast.Though it is just a circle,it is a finely rounded shape that is smooth yet feels very strong.And that HUGE orange light in the middle which you need glasses to see,just adds to the fun......well done sega...

Mind you I dont think you will hold that crown for llong,The X Box is on its way.Another major topic brought to you by Wilmaaaa,thanks for reading
Mon 11/06/01 at 22:15
Another important post here...What is the best power button availiable on consoles of today.There are many systems out but what button do you push the most.This may seeema bit on the weird side but it is true.Power buttons are an important aspect of console gamin(LOL).

Consoles such as the N64 have big bulky power buttons which seem to hurt my fingers when I turn,it also seems a bit of a struggle to get the thing on.This case was the same for the other Nintendo console,Super Nintendo which again was stiff on the hands.One of my favourites is the ps2 one,you press it and a cool green light blazes out,that is so cool.But there is a probblem,it is just a little button and hasnt got any force behind it,so there you are lacking.

The original playtation has a massive button which seems to grind the side which isnt pleasant but like the new system has a cool light underneth.

Sorry but the prize for best console button (drum roll please) yes it is the Sega Dreamcast.Though it is just a circle,it is a finely rounded shape that is smooth yet feels very strong.And that HUGE orange light in the middle which you need glasses to see,just adds to the fun......well done sega...

Mind you I dont think you will hold that crown for llong,The X Box is on its way.Another major topic brought to you by Wilmaaaa,thanks for reading
Mon 11/06/01 at 22:17
Regular
"OLD Newbie"
The best power button is the N64 button, itll never break.. the PS2 button will probably break, give it a few years.
Mon 11/06/01 at 22:18
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
hhhhhhhmmmmmmmmmm............
Mon 11/06/01 at 22:19
It probably will break but for those glorious threee years,you get a cool green light
Regular
Yeah, I like the Dreamcast one too. The N64 is a slider, the Playstation one is too big... and I don't even know what the PS2 one is, so it can't be that good. :0)
Regular
"everyone says it"
I feel the simple NES power button was the greatest, it was just the simplicity and bad design that made it easy to use, great to press and annoying to look at.

This power button was class because after some time you got used to it being there, it would become so normal that you could turn the console on in the middle of the night, it stuck out and was the button from the two that made a crushing like noise when you pushed it in....

...um. Have I really just written that much about a power button...

Maybe Pink Floyd are finally getting to me...
Mon 11/06/01 at 22:21
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
Yes, it's definitely between the N64 and Dreamcast but i'd have to say it's probably.............who cares?

(Dreamcast for those who do, because when you accidently press the power button without saving a game, if you're holding it down then you can very quickly let it go and press it again and the DC will stay on. Great! A bit difficult to do with the N64.)
Mon 11/06/01 at 22:21
OHhhhhhhhh The nes was a classic ,every time you touch it you risked breaking the cheap plastic,those were the days
Mon 11/06/01 at 22:25
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
er-no wrote:
> I feel the simple NES power button was the greatest, it was just the
> simplicity and bad design that made it easy to use, great to press
> and annoying to look at.

This power button was class because
> after some time you got used to it being there, it would become so
> normal that you could turn the console on in the middle of the
> night, it stuck out and was the button from the two that made a
> crushing like noise when you pushed it in...

I can't even remember the NES power button but the way of loading up a cartridge was fantastic. BRING IT BACK! BRING IT BACK! Oh no. Nobody uses cartridges anymore do they. Oh well! It was great anyway.

Galaxy 5000 was the coolest game by the way. Nothing much has beaten the quality of that game.
Mon 11/06/01 at 22:31
Regular
Power buttons? What the hell....

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.