GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What have I been playing this week?"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 02/11/09 at 02:53
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
So, what have I been playing this week? Find out in the posts below.
Mon 23/11/09 at 00:12
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
The game itself looks okay considering how old it is but the menus look ghastly. Thanks for the info Garin.

Onto what I played this week:

More health issues has restricted my play time this week. Played a little bit more PGR3 and I'm edging closer to full completion. The same is true of PGR4. Got about 20 more platinum medals in the Arcade mode and got the last online achievement. Big thanks to those who helped with that, although they will probably never read this. That leaves about 40 platinums to go and a few more items to buy in the shop to complete it.

Played a lot more Tiger Woods 07. Will be looking at getting the online achievements next week, although EA dropped the ball with the tournament achievement on that game. It is unattainable and my emails to them haven't worked... yet.

As for what I did in the game, I got some more trophy balls. Got the rare double eagle. Just need a hole in one and to finish the tournaments. Won another tournament and halfway through tournament 3 (already did 1). I see a lot more play time on this game though before this is finished.

Finally, I played a little bit of New Super Mario Bros Wii. Not tried it in single player yet but the 2 player is good fun when you work together. If you get 4 people in a game and they have their own agendas, chaos will ensue. I played the game with the nunchuck system and my brother played with just the standard Wii remote and both control schemes seem to work well. It does seem to be pretty easy so far, which could be a problem if you want a challenge.

That's what I've been playing this week. I've got a few ideas as to what I'm going to be playing next after my current games are getting nearer and nearer completion. If you have my gamertag and you see I'm missing certain online achievements that you want to help me get, drop me a line. Always looking to get rid of those pesky online achievements.

See you next time for the next exciting adventure.
Mon 16/11/09 at 17:34
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
Grandprix wrote:
> Speaking of issues, I started playing Tomb Raider Legend again. I
> can't remember the last time I played it and so I finished the
> Croft Manor area and got all the rewards and did the time trial
> for the first area. One thing I will say is that the menus look
> awful on the big TV. Looks like it wasn't designed for the 360.

It wasnt. its one of those games that was developed in 360/PS3 launch period its basically a last gen game with a few extra visual effects added for the new machines.
Mon 16/11/09 at 16:47
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
Yeah, I have a terrible habit of leaving games unfinished so I've just been trying to focus on some of my older games to get them finished.

Will I have to produce similar threads where I have to mention what I've been wearing or eating?
Mon 16/11/09 at 16:21
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
Still PGR aye? :D

You should let me change the title to "This week I have been mostly playing...."
Mon 16/11/09 at 16:09
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
I've been doing a bit of shouting at games this week but I've been a bit unwell.

It's that time again as the nation collectively holds its breath for what I've been playing this week.

My PGR3 playtime has started to dip as I approach the end of the game. Still got some pretty major challenges to overcome to complete the game fully like getting platinum on the cone challenges and doing the perfect race with every kudos move in a race but I'll go back to the game at some point.

Played a bit more PGR4 and I'm now approaching the end of that game too. Almost finished the main career mode completely now, although I already have the achievement for that mode. About halfway through the Arcade mode and going to trying for the last online achievement this week.

With the PGR games almost over, I'm moving towards some other games now. Started playing Tiger Woods 07 again. Did some work on getting eagles on every course, which I'm about halfway through now. The game did have some issues which I never really noticed until now.

Speaking of issues, I started playing Tomb Raider Legend again. I can't remember the last time I played it and so I finished the Croft Manor area and got all the rewards and did the time trial for the first area. One thing I will say is that the menus look awful on the big TV. Looks like it wasn't designed for the 360.

I'm still slowly going through Zelda: Phantom Hourglass on the DS. All it seems to be doing at the moment is giving me more time in the hourglass to go deeper in this one dungeon, which isn't much fun. There is still half the sea map to unlock so maybe things will change.

Lastly, I've played a bit of Mystery Case Files Millionheir on the DS. Basically, you are trying to solve a case but finding objects which are cleverly hidden in plain sight. It's a bit of a plain game but it's good enough to pass the time.

With no less than 4 games coming through my mailbox potentially at the end of the week, I've got a bit of games playing to do.
Mon 09/11/09 at 21:53
Regular
"Let's blow stuff up"
I played mario and sonic at the olympic games...... forgot how much shouting i do at the screen :S
Mon 09/11/09 at 16:35
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
I've managed to drag myself off my sick bed to reveal what games I've played this past week.

Still playing through Project Gotham Racing 3 and 4. During the week, I was with some other players trying to get the online achievements for PGR3. I got a message from someone watching us race online. I was winning or finishing 2nd a lot depending on who needed the win and the message was that he thought I was the best at PGR. I'm not but it was a nice message to receive.

Didn't do a lot on PGR4 this week. Mostly waiting to get a group of people together to get the last online achievement but I did a few races to keep myself going.

I helped someone get the online achievements on Colin McRae Dirt. There are just a few too many cars that aren't fun to drive, which really hurts it.

I finally got around to playing Football Manager 2010. Just an hour or so in but the interface looks good but takes a little getting used to. My favourite feature is the new tactics creator. I've used something similar on Football Manager Live while I was beta testing and it is so easy to get your team to play in a tactic and a style that you want. Way easier than it used to be. Not managed to get into the season proper to see how the tactics work under pressure but it looks good at the moment.

While stuck in bed for a bit, it means I played a bit more Zelda: Phantom Hourglass on the DS. I had a total brain freeze on a really simple puzzle but I've managed to progress.

I also played a bit of Uno Rush with my sister and her husband. It is good fun if a little frustrating when a player hits a run and wins, especially when you can't do anything.

Lastly, a game I should have mentioned last week but didn't because I forgot. I played Tales of Monkey Island episode 4. With 1 episode left, it has pretty much reached the point where most things are clear now. The puzzles are typical Monkey Island fare and there is usually 1 puzzle that has me scratching my head wondering what link I'm missing but it all works out in the end. Really enjoying the story and put together, it would probably work out a little shorter than a standard Monkey Island game on a first playthrough. Hopefully, it will lead to more Monkey Island games.

That's it for last week. Bring on this week. :D
Mon 02/11/09 at 03:07
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
This week has been a bit of a mixed bag. Alongside the Megadrive games I've been playing, which for obvious reasons I can't mention, I've been playing 360, PC and DS games this week.

First, I've been playing Fuzion Frenzy 2, helping others get the online achievements. It is an awful game and the DJ in that game is beyond annoying.

I've also played PGR4 this week. Did a few online achievements and been working on some Arcade platinum medals and the single player career mode. The DLC Platinum + achievement is going to require a lot of skill and patience after my initial failure this week.

On the PC, I've played Football Manager 09. The 3d match engine is pretty basic so I'm hoping that FM10 improves that. Got FM10 installed and ready to play when I get a few hours free.

Finally this week, I've played a bit of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass on the DS. I'm guessing there is more to the game than I have seen so far as there seem to be a huge number of ship parts and treasures that I've not encountered, despite the fact that I have the Sun Key for the final fairy like thing I'm collecting.

If you are wondering, no, I didn't shout Salvage Arm into the microphone.

With Monday begins a new week and I still have Uncharted 2 and Forza 3 untouched. I've not finished Uncharted 1 yet so maybe I should do that first. I think Lego Indy 2 is out at the end of this week and I've not finished the first one of that either.

Plenty to play and not enough hours in the day alongside my Megadrive marathon.
Mon 02/11/09 at 02:53
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
So, what have I been playing this week? Find out in the posts below.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.