GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"website builder"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 01/11/09 at 18:07
Regular
i recently took out this service , i had a good site but a fantastic site ,
i tried in vain to add site maps that google recognised, i tried in vain to get google to verify my site and then was told that site map builder does not work properly with google . I was told by freeola technical support that site builder was only meant for people that didnt know HTML and that it is not meant for adding any thing additional.
i called freeola today regarding my sit emap problem that they was supposed of sorted out on thursday , but yet google still cant see all my pages , in fact google cant see any of my pages. i have now cancelled my subscription after being a freeola customer for 5 years.
Tue 03/11/09 at 09:56
Regular
Just in case anyone finds this thread in future, Google site verification now works on InstantPro again. As Eccles mentioned we've also added a whole meta tag section under webmaster tools.
Mon 02/11/09 at 13:42
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
I tried to explain the below to the customer at the time of his cancellation, but it seems the problems were too major for him. It really is a shame as the the site was looking pretty good.

At no point was it said we were not compatible with Google, merely that Google Webmaster Tools could not be used successfully at the moment.
Mon 02/11/09 at 12:11
"Are you sure?"
Hi,
It's a shame your first posts on the forum are to say you are leaving!

If you had posted your query here others will always try to help you.

As others have said the Google verification issue is a known one and is being fixed. The change Google made has affected many 'template' based web building s/w and blogs etc. not just Freeola.

FWIW Google sitemaps and verification certainly aren't required to get your website indexed on Google. They can help if you are having trouble getting your pages indexed but good content and clean SEO are more important.

[s]Hmmm...[/s] My Freeola Instant Site
Sun 01/11/09 at 20:41
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
Indeed. Unfortunately this was a Google issue which they did not inform users of. This meant we had to re-write the verfication process used with Instant Sites. As this meant a switch to the meta tag verification we though we might as well write a whole meta tag system to allow users to manage their tags if the wish to.
InstantPro generates a sitemap automatically each time you add or delete a page, however as site could not be verified Google would not show the sitemap as available in Webmaster Tools.
If you had waited until this week you would have been able to verify your site again as meta tag system is due to go live.
Sun 01/11/09 at 19:57
Regular
I started using builder last week and google can see my pages fine without a submitted sitemap. I also asked out google webmaster tools verfication problem and got a quick response so that should be sorted soon. Using webuilder has it's limits, but for us it is a good solution if changes have to made on the spot and a novice can do it.
Sun 01/11/09 at 18:46
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
stevehaley wrote:
> i recently took out this service , i had a good site but a
> fantastic site ,
> i tried in vain to add site maps that google recognised, i tried
> in vain to get google to verify my site and then was told that
> site map builder does not work properly with google . I was told
> by freeola technical support that site builder was only meant for
> people that didnt know HTML and that it is not meant for adding
> any thing additional.
> i called freeola today regarding my sit emap problem that they
> was supposed of sorted out on thursday , but yet google still
> cant see all my pages , in fact google cant see any of my pages.
> i have now cancelled my subscription after being a freeola
> customer for 5 years.

Shame that you have decided to cancel an obviously excellent service, seeing as you have been with Freeola for 5 years and posted twice.

Perhaps your answer lies here:

Google verification problems

It may be Google and not Freeola Instant Site Web Builder.....
Sun 01/11/09 at 18:07
Regular
i recently took out this service , i had a good site but a fantastic site ,
i tried in vain to add site maps that google recognised, i tried in vain to get google to verify my site and then was told that site map builder does not work properly with google . I was told by freeola technical support that site builder was only meant for people that didnt know HTML and that it is not meant for adding any thing additional.
i called freeola today regarding my sit emap problem that they was supposed of sorted out on thursday , but yet google still cant see all my pages , in fact google cant see any of my pages. i have now cancelled my subscription after being a freeola customer for 5 years.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.