GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Microsoft Peforms Mass Xbox 360 Console Banning This Weekend"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 01/11/09 at 08:14
Regular
"I like turtles"
Microsoft Peforms Mass Xbox 360 Banning This Weekend

According to reports Microsoft appear to have begun a campaign of banning illegally modified consoles from their Xbox Live service.Strange coincidence there are doing this right before the release of Modern Warfare 2 !.Personally I've got little sympathy TBH,why should I have to pay for more for games so some people can have them for free ?.
Wed 04/11/09 at 20:09
Regular
"How Ironic"
Or just get an elite like me and get the kajunga 120gb hdd drive :)
Wed 04/11/09 at 19:43
Regular
This was covered in detail in the Major Nelson podcast, the moderator guy in charge (Steptoe) explaining his reasons. Buying a game before its release date is fine, playing it from an ISO version obviously isn't. There was only a passing mention about the greatest injustice - from now on, third party memory cards won't be supported. They only gave a week's notice for those using them to buy official ones and transfer the saves over. The official reason being that those cards were easily transferable to the PC, leaving them open for hacking. Of course it also means we now have to pay huge prices for the official cards.
Wed 04/11/09 at 18:20
Regular
"How Ironic"
I've got no sympathy. I've been known to diddle around in gaming territory that cannot be mentioned, but i don't do it on a major scale. I usually 'accquire' games first to try them out (seeing as demos these days aren't at all what the final game is like, in other words, there's no point in playing the demo) but i've never kept a game for general use. I've got a guy on xbox live, got banned for having a modified xbox. Had a ridiculous gamerscore, with 100's of games, which he didn't even own. He'd hacked his gamerscore. Of course, he hadn't payed for any of the games he had either. I think piracy is good in some cases, as some companies feel they have a right to charge extortianate prices, but in terms of online play on xbox, i wouldn't want to play with somebody who hasn't payed for something whne i have. I usually go for films ;)

AND just before i get moaned at :P (disclaimer)

I am in no way trying to promote piracy. It is against the law.

*EDIT* forgot to say, i wouldn't dare do this on xbox live. This is on my pc (although i don't 'accquire' games anymore, as i just play on my xbox). And to prove it, i've been playing the demos of NHL 10 and FIFA 10 for the past month or two :(
Wed 04/11/09 at 12:48
Regular
hi do u no if they any cheats 4 forza 3 and all so do u no how i cud put idear 2 xbox 360 about putting moterbikes on forza 3 thank u don glendenning
Sun 01/11/09 at 09:57
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
Interesting. The best bit is the comments as always. Some guy moaning about it being illegal to lend the game to his brother.

Think he may have misunderstood the law slightly :D
Sun 01/11/09 at 08:14
Regular
"I like turtles"
Microsoft Peforms Mass Xbox 360 Banning This Weekend

According to reports Microsoft appear to have begun a campaign of banning illegally modified consoles from their Xbox Live service.Strange coincidence there are doing this right before the release of Modern Warfare 2 !.Personally I've got little sympathy TBH,why should I have to pay for more for games so some people can have them for free ?.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.