GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Is this strictly ok?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 31/10/09 at 17:16
Regular
"eat toast!"
Ok, as some of you maybe aware, i'm writing some reviews of anime shows.

Now heres the thing, i want to encourage some people to watch some of the anime and understand how i feel (along with writing the review). Case in point cowboy bebop.

I was hoping to provide a link to a website that you can watch it for free online similar to the likes of Youtube.

Is this strictly ok?

Probably not, but am i allowed to add a link to it?
Sat 31/10/09 at 17:16
Regular
"eat toast!"
Ok, as some of you maybe aware, i'm writing some reviews of anime shows.

Now heres the thing, i want to encourage some people to watch some of the anime and understand how i feel (along with writing the review). Case in point cowboy bebop.

I was hoping to provide a link to a website that you can watch it for free online similar to the likes of Youtube.

Is this strictly ok?

Probably not, but am i allowed to add a link to it?
Sat 31/10/09 at 17:19
Regular
As a teacher used to tell me, if in doubt, do it, say sorry later.
Sat 31/10/09 at 17:32
Regular
Check to see if it's on "legal" sites like crunchyroll first. But I don't see this being a problem. We've all linked to copyrighted material on youtube before.

I'm watching a new anime show at the moment, I definitely can't link to it and I probably shouldn't even mention the title. It's very ecchi (English usuage if others are going to wikipedia what it means).

Looking forward to reading your reviews.
Sat 31/10/09 at 18:54
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Whatever Machie but why:

'I definitely can't link to it and I probably shouldn't even mention the title'

But as you have said, 'other links' are readily accepted
Sat 31/10/09 at 18:58
Regular
"eat toast!"
Well, the website simply links other stuff that others have uploaded. Personally i prefer that someone at freeola told me whether its ok as this can be a legal issue and the sucn.

I'll work on the other reviews and look back and see if i can improve on the current one i've just finished. No words could describe how awesome cowboy bebop was. I was hoping that maybe giving people the links they might get to see it and show that there is more to anime then the stuff thats on uk tv right now.

Ah, anime central, i miss you so much. You died too young...

TBH, i'm finding writing reviews for anime a bit difficult, its made doubly difficult when i'm trying to summerise the entire series in 2 pages or less.

Don't expect magic with this review, i'm a bit miffed by it.
Sat 31/10/09 at 19:10
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
As far as I see it, ha ha 'old f*rt' etc etc, post away..

What you are saying is perfectly viable but I would have thought that 'links' are essential to a review, but as has been intimated/suggested earlier, provide the link and if there is any objection then the thread/post/link will be removed.
Sun 01/11/09 at 10:29
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
Post it mate. If we don't like it we will take it down. Or alternatively if you do have any fears email me them first and I'll say yes or no within a couple of minutes (if I'm in office)
Sun 01/11/09 at 13:39
Regular
"eat toast!"
great. I've got 2 reviews and a third one on the way. They're lengthy ones because i've just finished far cry 2 and now purifying my body for the zombie apocalypse.

Oh and taking on russians.
Sun 01/11/09 at 14:00
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
You actually played Far Cry 2 for this long? 0_o
Sun 01/11/09 at 14:19
Regular
"eat toast!"
Well bought it god knows when and i've been playing it for the last 3 weeks and finished it. Screw searching for all the cases as i didn't need the cash and screw finding the tapes. There was a bug so that i could listen to anything everytime i picked up a new one.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.