GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Scary movies"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 31/10/09 at 10:45
Regular
On TV tonight we have...

- Star Wars Episode II
- Cheaper by the dozen
- Police Academy 7
- Superman IV: the quest for peace
- Battlefield Earth

yikes! Oh wait here are the real scary movies.

- Halloween
- Halloween II
- Ghost Ship
- The Village
- The horror of Frankenstein

That's about it unfortunately. I'm glad Halloween is on, it's a really good movie that gets me in the mood. I don't think I've seen the sequel, but the jump from a 5 star rating to 2 stars tells me they didn't repeat it's success.

Ghost Ship is alright, worth seeing once on tv I guess. Have not seen The Village or The horror of Frankenstein though.

So what are you guys watching tonight? Do you have any scary movie recommendations? The Thing (1982) is one of the favourites. I've seen and enjoyed the few Saw movies they showed a few months back but it's starting to get out of hand, how many are they up to now, 6?
Sun 08/11/09 at 12:29
Regular
"I like turtles"
Steel Protagonist wrote:

in the other ending though the demon empties their savings
account by stealing their cash card and they're not impressed. it adds a whole new dimension to it quite honestly

I actually enjoyed that comment far more than the film itself ! :)
Sun 08/11/09 at 10:18
"Retarded List"
in the other ending though the demon empties their savings account by stealing their cash card and they're not impressed. it adds a whole new dimension to it quite honestly
Sat 07/11/09 at 19:47
Regular
"I like turtles"
Steel Protagonist wrote:

ButchML wrote:
On that note, Paranormal Activity looks worth a watch once released here.

It's superb tbh

Watch the version with the original screener ending though, not the theatrical one

Watched this last night,thought it was absolute garbage.Thought it was very poorly made,unoriginal,slow moving,boring and not scary in anyway whatsoever.Towards the end I really didn't care what happened to them TBH,so I don't care about seeing the other 2 endings.In my top 5 worst films of 2009 (even though it was actually made in 2007).
Sat 31/10/09 at 19:36
Regular
"I like turtles"
I agree with Butch,I thought REC was one of the best and most effective horror movies of recent years (although Quarantine was lame in comparison IMO).

I know it wasn't really a straight forward horror but I really enjoyed Sam Raimi's Drag Me To Hell,its pure hokum and I loved every minute of it.It's worth a rent at the very least IMO.
Sat 31/10/09 at 19:15
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Machie wrote:
> So what are you guys watching tonight?

Ok, Mrs DL is watching X-Factor.....does that count?
Sat 31/10/09 at 14:23
Regular
"Let's blow stuff up"
I've got some mates coming over tonight and we are gonna watch paranoid and the japenese version of The Grudge.. should be great!
Sat 31/10/09 at 13:49
"Retarded List"
ButchML wrote:
On that note,
> Paranormal
> Activity
looks worth a watch once released here.

It's superb tbh

Watch the version with the original screener ending though, not the theatrical one
Sat 31/10/09 at 11:42
Staff Moderator
"Show Me Your Moves"
Oh, and Battlefield Earth not scary? Have you actually seen it? Worst piece of tripe I've ever had the misfortune to sit through, it's scary how TV channels are still showing it...
Sat 31/10/09 at 11:41
Staff Moderator
"Show Me Your Moves"
Machie wrote:
> I've seen and enjoyed the few Saw movies they showed a few
months
> back but it's starting to get out of hand, how many are they up
> to now, 6?

Yes, saw it yesterday in fact and wasn't as bad as I was expecting. Saw 7 is going to be a 3d movie and will be released next year, along with Saw 8 the year after...

Not really scary, more of a thiller film is REC (or the nearly shot-for-shot American remake Quarentine) if you can get hold of it. Another Blair Witch style camcorder job but it really is worth a watch. On that note, Paranormal Activity looks worth a watch once released here.
Sat 31/10/09 at 10:45
Regular
On TV tonight we have...

- Star Wars Episode II
- Cheaper by the dozen
- Police Academy 7
- Superman IV: the quest for peace
- Battlefield Earth

yikes! Oh wait here are the real scary movies.

- Halloween
- Halloween II
- Ghost Ship
- The Village
- The horror of Frankenstein

That's about it unfortunately. I'm glad Halloween is on, it's a really good movie that gets me in the mood. I don't think I've seen the sequel, but the jump from a 5 star rating to 2 stars tells me they didn't repeat it's success.

Ghost Ship is alright, worth seeing once on tv I guess. Have not seen The Village or The horror of Frankenstein though.

So what are you guys watching tonight? Do you have any scary movie recommendations? The Thing (1982) is one of the favourites. I've seen and enjoyed the few Saw movies they showed a few months back but it's starting to get out of hand, how many are they up to now, 6?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.