GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Handhelds"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 13/12/06 at 10:31
Regular
"Funky Gibon"
Was thinking of getting one soon. I usually go for nintendo as in my opinion are the best, but wan't too sure about the DS as wasn't too sure about the games on their whereas i have played a PSP and thought graphics were good and the games look better.

What handheld do you own and what would you recommend?
Thu 14/12/06 at 09:44
Regular
"Funky Gibon"
I think i will purchase the PSP with Pro evo and GTA and have a look at that Locoroco, and as the DS is getting cheaper i could well pruchase that at a later date.
Wed 13/12/06 at 18:49
"possibly impossible"
I too own both.

The PSP is great for media. I used it the other day while on one of these dreaded late shifts to finally watch Spider-man II on UMD. But you can pretty much copy any DVD or video to it using free software such as Video 9 to encode it. Also good for carrying MP3s around if you don't have an ipod.

For games, the PSP looks nice, but other than a few, I haven't been overly impressed. Hot Shots Golf (Everybody's Golf in the UK) is good, as is Locoroco, GTA, Ridge Racer, Wipeout Pure, SSX and a few others.

The DS has some great games, a lot of which use the touchscreen to their advantage. Warioware Touched, Yoshi's Island, New Super Mario Bros, Super Monkey Ball and Mario Kart are just a few. Animal Crossing is the must have DS game, but it doesn't appeal to everyone. If you do get to like it, you'll get hooked though.
Wed 13/12/06 at 17:38
Regular
"Funky Gibon"
Tiltawhirl wrote:

>
> Games I'd pick up on DS would be Super Mario Bros, Wario Ware,
> Advance Wars, Mario Kart, Animal Crossing, Yoshis Island.

I presume your a mario fan then.
Wed 13/12/06 at 15:27
Regular
Super Princess Peach is pretty good too
Wed 13/12/06 at 15:00
Regular
The PSP might be technically superior, but then who really cares when you're playing a handheld console?

For shear fun, originality and pick up and playability the DS wins everytime. There's been a couple of game on PSP that have made the grade of what I would call a could handheld game (Lumines, Locoroco) but for the most part the games just don't suit the sort of experience most people are looking for in a handheld console.

Games I'd pick up on DS would be Super Mario Bros, Wario Ware, Advance Wars, Mario Kart, Animal Crossing, Yoshis Island.
Wed 13/12/06 at 14:37
Regular
"Funky Gibon"
Bullett wrote:
> I own both and with the exception of Lumines and Locoroco, I've
> had more enjoyment out of the DS

What games on the DS would you recommend and the PSP games aswell.
Wed 13/12/06 at 10:42
Regular
I own both and with the exception of Lumines and Locoroco, I've had more enjoyment out of the DS
Wed 13/12/06 at 10:31
Regular
"Funky Gibon"
Was thinking of getting one soon. I usually go for nintendo as in my opinion are the best, but wan't too sure about the DS as wasn't too sure about the games on their whereas i have played a PSP and thought graphics were good and the games look better.

What handheld do you own and what would you recommend?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.