GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"help!"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 11/06/01 at 16:00
Regular
I am a nintendo 64 owner and want to know should i get an xbox or a gamecube. i would really like to know otherwise it is gonna bug me until they come out. also, if you imported a gamecube from america would i need any adapters or anything like that so it would work in the UK?
Thu 14/06/01 at 20:35
Regular
I know its only a rumour at the moment but, if the gamecube does come out at £150 it will blow away the competition. An apparent februray release is also rumoured, a whole month befoe the x-box release. I dont x-box has a chance against the the cube over in the states or here.
Thu 14/06/01 at 11:21
Regular
"not dead"
Personally, I'm going to get a GAMECUBE.

The reasons for this are many, and I'll try to explain some of them for you.

Firstly, I like Nintendo games. I've had a NES, a SNES, an N64 and a Gameboy. Nintendo make games that I enjoy, so I can hope for more of the same on the GAMECUBE. These games will also feature some off the characters that I have grown rather fond of in all my years of gaming, such as Mario and Luigi, Donkey Kong, and Zelda.

Secondly Nintendo are promising innovation with GAMECUBE games. This seems quite apparent in what I've seen so far of the games. Pikmin seems to be a rather original concept for a console game. Luigi's Mansion is very different to 'Mario' games too, and seems to be to be much like 'Ghostbusters'!

Thirdly Nintendo have a number of strong second party developers producing games of a high quality for them. Rare will bring the next Perfect Dark game, Donkey Kong Racing, the Zelda-esque Star Fox Adventures and original games like Kameo. Retro Studios are dealing with the Metroid license, and are also developing Raven Blade, a very promising looking RPG, and a racer. Silicon Knights are also making titles that will appeal to an older generation of gamer, such as Eternal Darkness, and Too Human.

Fourthly, Nintendo have strong 3rd party support this time. Sega are backing them (as well as Xbox and PS2) with some strong games. THQ have 15 titles to launch next year on the 'CUBE, including WWF Wrestlemania, EA will bring their sports titles, Acclaim and Capcom are also working on big, big games.

Finally, the GAMECUBE is affordable. It's likely to be around half (and no more than two thirds) of the price of the Xbox.

I have yet to see anything on the Xbox that impresses me in the way that the GAMECUBE does, so it's Nintendo all the way for me!
Wed 13/06/01 at 20:43
start saving (not that you'll have to 'cos Christmas will do the job nicely) i want Perfect Dark 2 another Zelda The Matrix possibly Luigi's Mansion. would'nt it be cool if you had small packages like a black gamecube with perfect dark 2 and 2 conrollers and a modem (unless it's included) so you can get off straight away and there could be other themes like a gold Zelda package etc.
Wed 13/06/01 at 19:47
Regular
"what is knowledge ?"
definatley get a Gamecube coz it is just the best , and if you get one from the us , you will need adaptors to make it owrk and then adaptors to play the games , so i would wait untill it come out over here.
Tue 12/06/01 at 21:18
Regular
Nintendo always have something new up their sleeves!

Microsoft wait til someone else has tested it and try to steal it....

Anyway I'm looking forward to Pikmin! It looks kinda strange but I like strange games!
Tue 12/06/01 at 20:07
Regular
"Yer mofoing Maw"
Gamecube or Xbox? now thats a tough question, NOT!!!!
The Gamecube will be well better than the Xbox because the gamecube will have quality game makers behind it such as rare and nintendo themselves and because the XBox is microsofts first games console they have no established games producers behind them, only themselves and everybody knows how bad microsoft games are. So if u want a games console with excellent games and lets face it thats the only objective of a games console, you have too pick Gamecube because everything Nintendo makes is quality and from what I've heard the XBox is going to sac mice. So get ur butt into gear and think sense, Gamecube or Xbox?, don't make me laugh.
Tue 12/06/01 at 11:26
Game cube because its nintendo and they rule, that is why you're here
Tue 12/06/01 at 11:13
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
hmmm... well to begin, completely ignore the "power" of the console... it's the games that count.

And to be honest, neither console has shown off many great games. Of course, Ninty have mario/zelda/metroid, and if you're a big fan (like me) you may consider getting it on this basis. However, beyond this, there is little news on games, and you'l have to wait till reviews start coming out. I'd recommend getting EDGE magazine for an unbiased opinion on all the consoles, and very comprehensice reviews.

Sonic
Tue 12/06/01 at 07:45
Regular
The X-box have the greatest graphics but if you loved Super Smash Bros,Zelda or Mario you should definitely go for Gamecube.Igot a friend that gonna buy X-box and i keep telling him that X-box is crap.Better go for Gamecube.
Mon 11/06/01 at 23:23
Regular
"Back For Good"
Xbox or gamecube?

Gamecube out of them two definatly, but there's still another 2 consoles that your haven't mentioned.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.