GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"NTSC games"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 22/09/04 at 16:30
Regular
"The Reunion is Here"
Is it possible to play an NTSC game on a PAL PS2, or do i need a special setup to play them?

I know that I need a telly that is NTSC compatible, but do I need something to play the games on the PS2?

Thanks
Thu 23/09/04 at 17:00
Regular
the ntsc games work in uk whith out sound and there is no color its black and white this means the game is 60hz
Thu 23/09/04 at 16:49
Regular
"Bicycle"
How does it work?
Thu 23/09/04 at 13:19
Regular
If you can do it properly, the Magic Slide Card rocks. If you can't do it, your PS2 is buggered.
Thu 23/09/04 at 13:16
Regular
"Nicolaj"
YouŽll need a chip to play NTSC games i think you should get a chip in your PS2 so you can buy games the wonŽt be relased in UK Like:Xenosaga but also so you can play Resident Evil: Outbreak online and buy the Limted Edition of Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater
Wed 22/09/04 at 17:48
Regular
"Bicycle"
Most TV's are NTSC compatible.

Get a flip-top.

They replace the front of your PS2 (the one with the blue PS2 logo on) and allow you to put the disc in without opening the drive tray, hence circumventing the region lock (and your warranty...)
Wed 22/09/04 at 17:29
Regular
"Jackpot!"
A boot disk would be more reliable, although I haven't done that with my ps2.
I just buy english games.
Wed 22/09/04 at 16:55
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
Yes, you need some way of circumventing the region protection on the games.

Modchip or bootdisc/flip lid are your only viable options (and the modchip is now illegal)
Wed 22/09/04 at 16:30
Regular
"The Reunion is Here"
Is it possible to play an NTSC game on a PAL PS2, or do i need a special setup to play them?

I know that I need a telly that is NTSC compatible, but do I need something to play the games on the PS2?

Thanks

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.