GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What's going on here with regulars "leaving"?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 11/06/01 at 09:09
Regular
Just been reading Grix's thread that he's leaving, yet he's posting still.

Dude, the only way we can maintain some decency on here is to not up and leave when it seems to be sinking into a quagmire of pointless topics and (sorry for those that aren't), moron posters.

There have been quite a few toeheads recently, but there have also been quite a few decent newbies that offer something valid and interesting.

I would suggest that (mainly) The Notables make it part of their "duty" to guide newbies in the right direction.
I'm not sure how.

May I suggest Moderators?
One person per forum that is able to delete threads and bar postings from certain people?
It would save Ali and Tony etc from wading through utter toilet, there are some of us regulars that are basically "old school" and post all day every day.

I've seen Moderators at work on other boards and it works fine.
Newbies can ask them questions via email (from name), it just gives those that use the forums with alarming regularity a better idea as to what is going on, purely because the staff at SR have better things to do.

I know that Bonus is a tech genius, quite scary really, but he knows his stuff - so if there's a tech forum he'd be the ideal person for that one.
I won't suggest names for who might be per forum, as that will degenerate into the election "Why him? Why not this one?" nonsense.

I would recommend that, if you go with Moderators, the Notables should decide and staff, saving a lot of useless "campaigning".

Just a suggestion though.
And I would e more than willing to "keep an eye"over the movies and DVD forum.
That place is a gem and I'd sob if it went downhill.
Mon 11/06/01 at 12:55
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
SHEEPY wrote:
> What I find amusing sometimes is how a good topic like this suddenly
> changes into what can only be described as 'useless'.

Speaking of which :)
Mon 11/06/01 at 12:41
Regular
That flip order button is invaluable you can usually flip order to the oldest read the good replies and stop as it starts to become useless.
Mon 11/06/01 at 12:40
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Bye Burt!

kyuk kyuk kyuk
Mon 11/06/01 at 12:37
"High polygon count"
I've not been around much cos I'm setting up my new PC. Also, I have much to do getting ready for my holiday!

I won't be on at all for 2 weeks, starting Wednesday, but I will be back after the holiday.

To those of you that won't be here - goodbye, thanks, and have a nice life!

To those that will... see you in a few weeks!
Mon 11/06/01 at 12:32
Regular
"Excommunicated"
What I find amusing sometimes is how a good topic like this suddenly changes into what can only be described as 'useless'.

Myself am a big cause of this sometimes!

Heres what happens...

Serious, good post

very good reply

good reply

reply - half about topic

reply about half about not topic

reply about non-topic

reply about non-topic (repeat 25 times)

Topic Dead

:D - use this guide next time you read a whole topic!

(I would class this reply as - reply - half about topic)
Mon 11/06/01 at 11:41
Regular
once again.
Mon 11/06/01 at 10:01
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
A serious topic shot down in flames.

Get me coat Grix
Mon 11/06/01 at 09:52
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
The watchdogs...
Mon 11/06/01 at 09:49
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
Who watches the watchmen?
Mon 11/06/01 at 09:43
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
Well, what happened was Me and Ant, or should I say... Ant and I, were arguing over a wrestling matter... so I layed the smackdown on Ant (who was wrong) who went off crying... Grix then went mental at me so I threw a chair at him.... he blocked it and punched me...

Well as you can imagine being smacked by a Welshman isn't a good thing so I decided to go and tell my nan. She then told Grix off and because of it he went.

So Grix only left because he got a roasting off my nan!!!

Simple.

Game

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.