GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"First Game"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 10/06/01 at 23:57
Regular
Just interested

what was the first ever game you played, and just incase we haven't heard of it what was it like??

Mine was Enduro on the Atari 2600 and you had a limited amount of time to overtake as many cars as the number at the top.
wasn't bad

what was yours?
Tue 12/06/01 at 21:07
Regular
"Whatever!"
The first ever game I played was 'Harrier Attack' on the Amstrad CPC 464. This was going back to about 1987 and we actually broke the first two computers so had three copies of the games which came with it!!
The game itself was really enjoyable, especialy when you flew over the houses and bomb them, preteding its Germany you are bombing!! It had four colours, blue, black, green and white. It was great when you got through the stage where a ship would be waiting for you to land, if you bombed at it, it would sink and you had no other option than to fly until you run out of fuel, where you would parachute out to safety!!
It was a great game - Anyone heard or played this at all??
Tue 12/06/01 at 20:22
Regular
"You've upset me"
*can just visualise Grix smiling in delight as he see's the oppurunity to try and get his point across that Ken's gay*

;-D
Tue 12/06/01 at 20:22
Regular
"You've upset me"
Oh God! It was Street Fighter on the SNES! My bought the SNES and that was the only game he had for about 3 weeks so I became a master at it :-D
Tue 12/06/01 at 20:05
I think mine was a sort of tank game, abd then spider man. I loved these games! I used to spend hours driving around on, shooting the little tanks that popped up. I can't remember what console it was on though. It was about 9 years ago.
Tue 12/06/01 at 20:00
Regular
"Psytrance junkie"
Don't remember my very first game..something on my dad's Speccy anyway...
My first PC one was either Commander Keen or Shooting Gallery...closely followed by Avoid the Noid and Ninja Rabbit..and Elevators from Hell.

Back in a bit, off to find these from some retro site..
Tue 12/06/01 at 19:56
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Mine was final fight on my atari STE. It was magic at the time, but quite tricky.
Tue 12/06/01 at 19:32
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
The first game I ever played was either

1) Duck Hunt (NES) - Now that was a great light gun game. Shoot ducks and clay pigeons as they move around the screen. It got much more difficult to hit them as the level increased because the ducks/clay pigeons moved much faster.
2) Super Mario Bros 2 (NES) - This came on the same cartridge as Duck Hunt and I don't know which one I played first. I really don't need to explain what this game is do I......Do I?

The NES was the JESUS of all consoles. Master System had no chance against it and every game on it was incredibly difficult to complete. No, it's not just that I was small (and stupid). They actually were genuinely difficult as I have played a lot of them recently and they are still great games to play. Oh and if anyone's got Wrath of the Black Manta, I need help. Please go to the "Wrath of the Black Manta" thread on this this forum.
Tue 12/06/01 at 19:22
Regular
Finders Keepers for the Zeddy Speccy!

Control a knight in shining armour through wierd things and over this and that, dodging a giant cat and collecting items as you go.

It's a good game!

Suprisingly from my description.

However I haven't played it for over 5 years so I can't remember it too well.
Mon 11/06/01 at 11:21
Mine was problably a racing game for the ZX81. My dad brought it home unexpectedly and we were amazed. We never we would ever have a computer in the house!

When we finally got the thing running, the game consisted of moving a small white block on a black background left and right. The road was made up of lots more white blocks moving very slowly. Man, that was exhilerating.

The second game we got for it was a space game where you had to dock your ship. This involved moving a small white square through a gap in a ring of small squares. Tedious yes, but still more fun than most of today's games, whose multiple save points make completion an inevitability rather than a challenge.
Mon 11/06/01 at 11:17
The first game I played was probably on the Commodore64, it was a USGold 6 game compilation pack with Thunderblade, Outrun, Bionic Commando, and three other games...I think I played Outrun first.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.