GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Huge Holocaust Denier Conference in Iran"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 12/12/06 at 16:54
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
BBC Article

Ok, maybe it was a bit forward of me to label it as that, but it really is just, well, twisted... what exactly are this lot trying to prove, their ignorance or their anti-Semitism? Just for the record, I'm not affiliated with any organised religion.

There's prrof positive that it did happen (I've seen Saschenhausen Concentration Camp for myself and it's beyond belief, that's just one of the smaller ones), though estimates of number of deaths do vary a bit. Still, this really is much too far, isn't it?

Lessons in stirring up troulbe in the Middle East, Episode #Who-Knows-What....
Sun 24/12/06 at 16:17
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
Garin wrote:
> They didnt have to fly off to Iran to do this. There are plenty
> of EU countries that have no such laws. And even so debating
> facts isnt illegal even where the holocaust is concerned.
>
> And as for the countries that do have such laws. Its clearly
> still a very sensitive issue for alot of them for obvious
> reasons.

Even so, they had to go to a country that would sponsor and support such madness, and Iran just happened to be the right place, let's go through the list...

Hostile to Isreal? Check.
Hostile towards the West? Check.
Not afraid of ridiculous stunts? Check.
Run by Fundamentalist Lunatics, who also happen to be anti-Semitic? Check.

It wouldn't be illegal in, say, the UK, where there are no laws against such "Debate", but it would most definitely be not allowed to go ahead due to its nature. It's not only a sensitive issue, but one loved by extremists, political and religious, which is simply an invitation for trouble caused through ignorance and bigotry. And which country has leadership that love that sort of thing, and are currently in the news and awful lot? Iran.

Nowhere else are such stupid ideas so popular or promoted, by a nation whose government likes nothing more than to go out of its way to be a pain in the backside to so many others.
Sun 24/12/06 at 12:44
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Garin wrote:
> They didnt have to fly off to Iran to do this. There are plenty
> of EU countries that have no such laws. And even so debating
> facts isnt illegal even where the holocaust is concerned.

Except i doubt that a bunch of holocaust deniers will be debating too much in the way of actual facts.

News that Mel Gibson organised the event are unfounded however :-D
Sun 24/12/06 at 12:40
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
Everpain wrote:
> The worrying thing about this from my perspective is not that
> they deny the Holocaust happened, but instead that in order to
> debate the facts, they have to fly off to a countries ordinarily
> known for their human rights abuses to get away from the
> overzealous and anti-freedom laws that exist within the EU.

They didnt have to fly off to Iran to do this. There are plenty of EU countries that have no such laws. And even so debating facts isnt illegal even where the holocaust is concerned.

And as for the countries that do have such laws. Its clearly still a very sensitive issue for alot of them for obvious reasons.
Sun 24/12/06 at 12:18
Regular
"Author of Pain"
The worrying thing about this from my perspective is not that they deny the Holocaust happened, but instead that in order to debate the facts, they have to fly off to a countries ordinarily known for their human rights abuses to get away from the overzealous and anti-freedom laws that exist within the EU.
Tue 19/12/06 at 09:02
Regular
"Laughingstock"
I think holocaust deniers prefer to be called holocaust revisionists. Looking at the truth of the matter isn't necessarily a bad thing, just as long as those analysing it aren't neo-Nazis or Israel-hating loons.
Tue 12/12/06 at 22:44
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
SHEEPY wrote:
> People who try and deny the Holocaust are morons
Tue 12/12/06 at 18:42
Regular
"Excommunicated"
People who try and deny the Holocaust are morons

I have some friends from Iran and they think the President is an idiot as well. It's just a way to have a dig at Israel.
Tue 12/12/06 at 16:54
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
BBC Article

Ok, maybe it was a bit forward of me to label it as that, but it really is just, well, twisted... what exactly are this lot trying to prove, their ignorance or their anti-Semitism? Just for the record, I'm not affiliated with any organised religion.

There's prrof positive that it did happen (I've seen Saschenhausen Concentration Camp for myself and it's beyond belief, that's just one of the smaller ones), though estimates of number of deaths do vary a bit. Still, this really is much too far, isn't it?

Lessons in stirring up troulbe in the Middle East, Episode #Who-Knows-What....

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.