GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Attn. Metallica Fans (if there are any on here)"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 30/10/09 at 08:13
Regular
"I like turtles"
The bands forthcoming live DVD/Blu Ray 'Francias Pour Une Nuit ' is currently only due to be released in France,I know it was recorded in France but its not as if they are the biggest heavy metal band in the world and about to hugely disappoint masses of loyal fans worldwide is it ? :S

Anyway,Universal Music Europe are now allowing fans to pre-order these directly from themselves which can be done : Here

Postage to the UK is £1.75 (standard editions,not sure about the big assed collectors box thing).

Setlist :

1. Blackened
2. Creeping Death
3. Fuel
4. Harvester Of Sorrow
5. Fade To Black
6. Broken, Beat & Scarred
7. Cyanide
8. Sad But True
9. One
10. All Nightmare Long
11. The Day That Never Comes
12. Master Of Puppets
13. Dyers Eve
14. Nothing Else Matters
15. Enter Sandman
16. Stone Cold Crazy
17. Motorbreath
18. Seek & Destroy
Fri 18/12/09 at 16:59
Regular
"I like turtles"
I received my copy yesterday and it's fantastic,it's a must for any Metallica fan.I have the Blu Ray version and the DTS-HD soundtrack has to be heard to be believed it's simply awesome.It's a 10/10 all the way from me ! :)

Oh yeah,probably should mention the box is all in French but an English menu can be selected when the disc first loads up.Also all versions have been confirmed region free,so no worries there.Still no idea why it's only being released in France though ? :S
Sun 01/11/09 at 19:50
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Exactly correct, but this 'discussion' is endless and will continue for ever because within every generation there will always be some that like the 'old' and some that like the 'new and controversial'. It was the same in the 60's and 70's, we all thought that we were different from our parents - likes, dislikes etc etc - but at the end of the day, nothing has changed - it is still the same and tolerance is the best way forward :-)
Sun 01/11/09 at 19:23
Regular
"How Ironic"
But to be honest, The Osmonds don't really count as music ;) I see what you mean Dragonlance, it's the endless story of generations hating the next generations music (most of the time) but i also understand what theweirdo is saying. You can be outcast; the music you listen to depicting what 'culture' you are part of in society. The Osmonds still have a place in modern day society remember, you don't have to be born 'back in the day' to like them, but they're that rubbish, a small minority like them.
Sun 01/11/09 at 19:03
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
theweirdo666 wrote:
> My parents weren't like me at all. They liked the Osmonds and
> people like that soo i'm the black sheep in the family.
> I did my xmas list in september cuse my parents find it difficult
> to buy for me as i'm well a weirdo lmao and ty for the link! My

You have slightly missed the point w666.

Your parents were young once like you, believe it or not. They liked music of the day, like you do now. When they were your age, The Osmonds were......whatever.

When you grow older, your likes and dislikes will have, to a certain extent, already been established from your earlier experiences - ie likes in music.

Therefore, my sons' 'like' some of my music, but they really like what you like and I have to 'learn' to understand what their musical tastes are. Some I like and some I don't.

Osmonds, I hate :-)
Sun 01/11/09 at 16:52
Regular
"Let's blow stuff up"
Sonic Chris wrote:
> Bands for me-
>
> Strangely, No 1.
> Red Hot Chili Peppers (<3 John Frusciante)
>
> And the rest:
> -System of a Down
> -Led Zeppelin
> -Rage against the Machine
> -Metallica
> -Iron Maiden
> -Black Sabbath
> -Papa Roach (bit emo, but i love the guitar riff from Last
> Resort)
> -Alien Ant Farm
> -Muse
> -The Smashing Pumpkins
> -Judas Priest
> -Guns N Roses
> -Scorpions
> -Slayer
> -Van Halen
> -Aerosmith
> -KoRn
> -Foo Fighters
> -Green Day
> -Motorhead
> -The Rolling Stones
> -The Who

Some great bands there. I like Slipknot, Red Jumpsuit Apparatus, Paramore, Foo Fighters, Metallica, KoRn, Papa Roach, Drowning pool and lots more rock and metal bands
Sun 01/11/09 at 16:27
Regular
"How Ironic"
Bands for me-

Strangely, No 1.
Red Hot Chili Peppers (<3 John Frusciante)

And the rest:
-System of a Down
-Led Zeppelin
-Rage against the Machine
-Metallica
-Iron Maiden
-Black Sabbath
-Papa Roach (bit emo, but i love the guitar riff from Last Resort)
-Alien Ant Farm
-Muse
-The Smashing Pumpkins
-Judas Priest
-Guns N Roses
-Scorpions
-Slayer
-Van Halen
-Aerosmith
-KoRn
-Foo Fighters
-Green Day
-Motorhead
-The Rolling Stones
-The Who
Sun 01/11/09 at 15:57
Regular
"Let's blow stuff up"
Dragonlance wrote:
> theweirdo666 wrote:
>
> I get that now but i listen to alot more slipknot as they are
> one
> of my fave bands. My mum hates the masks lol which is why i want
> one for xmas!
>
> Don't you worry - your mum and dad did exactly what you're doing
> now.....hope you've written your Christmas list :-)
>

My parents weren't like me at all. They liked the Osmonds and people like that soo i'm the black sheep in the family.
I did my xmas list in september cuse my parents find it difficult to buy for me as i'm well a weirdo lmao and ty for the link! My
Sun 01/11/09 at 15:47
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
theweirdo666 wrote:

> I get that now but i listen to alot more slipknot as they are one
> of my fave bands. My mum hates the masks lol which is why i want one for xmas!

Don't you worry - your mum and dad did exactly what you're doing now.....hope you've written your Christmas list :-)

Some Slipknot masks
Sun 01/11/09 at 15:39
Regular
"Let's blow stuff up"
pete_21 wrote:
> Dragonlance wrote:
> Soz pete, but
>
> Nice try, Metallica ... but we'll call you.....
>
> You sound like my dad DL ! :)
>
> I spent years getting 'what the hell is that coming out of your
> bedroom ?,it'll wake the bloody dead !'.

I get that now but i listen to alot more slipknot as they are one of my fave bands. My mum hates the masks lol which is why i want one for xmas!
Sun 01/11/09 at 10:35
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Music is a very personal thing and I totally agree with you - don't do Coldplay, U2, Oasis etc etc either. Do like ZZ Top though :-)

As for older music, 60's, 70's - some of it is as bad as today's offerings and as for the Beatles and some Stones's songs - good god, we must have been deaf to have liked them :-)

I'll accept your kind offer and investiagte a little further.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.