GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Pit bull puppy chews off baby's toes while parents sleep"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 12/12/06 at 13:40
Regular
"AkaSeraphim"
(12/12/06 - BOSSIER CITY, LA) - Bossier City police say a couple was asleep as their pit bull puppy chewed off four of their baby daughter's toes.

The parents have been booked with criminal negligence. Police say the couple put their baby in a dangerous situation. They did not say why the couple did not awaken to the baby's cries sooner.

The month-old girl underwent surgery yesterday at Sutton's Children's Hospital at Christus Schumpert in Shreveport. Police says there was no chance to reattach the child's toes.

Twenty-two-year-old Mary Shannon Hansche and 26-year-old Christopher Wayne Hansche of Bossier City are being held in the Bossier Parish Jail pending their initial court appearance.

The six-week-old puppy had no record of receiving its shots and will be quarantined for 10 days to check for rabies.

Police say the parents were sleeping on a mattress in the living room of their residence and the baby was in an infant seat beside them when the puppy began chewing on their baby's toes. The Hansches told police they woke up to the sound of the baby crying, found her mangled foot and took her to the hospital Sunday morning.

Nurses and doctors at Willis Knighton Bossier hospital alerted police.

Police say the negligence charges apply because the child was under the age of 10 and was exposed to a danger from which she could not protect herself.
Tue 02/01/07 at 22:36
Regular
The people involved obviously weren't responsible, how could they be if they had an illegal dog in the house?
Tue 02/01/07 at 22:20
Regular
Yes it's terrible to see this in the news again. You'd think people would learn to keep these animals away from young children. I should mention I havent read the story properly just the titles.
Tue 02/01/07 at 22:06
Regular
"I may return"
A 5 YEAR OLD GOT KILLED BY A PIT BULL EARLY HOURS OF NEW YEARS DAY!!!
Just saw it on the news
Wed 13/12/06 at 09:05
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
Nah don't need to spend that much just get a couple of leads...... :P
Tue 12/12/06 at 20:10
Regular
Typical should have known your wicked sense of humour ...

I'll say nothing about the gas fire ... ;D
Tue 12/12/06 at 20:09
Regular
"AkaSeraphim"
My kids run around way to much. I was thinking about getting a pitbull for xmas :P
Tue 12/12/06 at 20:07
Regular
This goes up there with the earlier stories we had this year ... I don't care how good natured and well behaved a dog is, I wouldn't trust it around infants ... is your childs safety really worth the risk?

If I had an infant on the way I'd probably give my dog to a loving home with someone I trusted ... and a Pit Bull, well that's just ludicrous if you ask me ...
Tue 12/12/06 at 16:43
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
Thats nasty :( but surely the baby would have woken and cried the minute the puppy started and that would have woken the parents who should have intervened sooner as they were right next to the dog and child?
Tue 12/12/06 at 14:22
Regular
The poor child =( you really should not keep such dogs even as puppies around young babies.
Tue 12/12/06 at 13:40
Regular
"AkaSeraphim"
(12/12/06 - BOSSIER CITY, LA) - Bossier City police say a couple was asleep as their pit bull puppy chewed off four of their baby daughter's toes.

The parents have been booked with criminal negligence. Police say the couple put their baby in a dangerous situation. They did not say why the couple did not awaken to the baby's cries sooner.

The month-old girl underwent surgery yesterday at Sutton's Children's Hospital at Christus Schumpert in Shreveport. Police says there was no chance to reattach the child's toes.

Twenty-two-year-old Mary Shannon Hansche and 26-year-old Christopher Wayne Hansche of Bossier City are being held in the Bossier Parish Jail pending their initial court appearance.

The six-week-old puppy had no record of receiving its shots and will be quarantined for 10 days to check for rabies.

Police say the parents were sleeping on a mattress in the living room of their residence and the baby was in an infant seat beside them when the puppy began chewing on their baby's toes. The Hansches told police they woke up to the sound of the baby crying, found her mangled foot and took her to the hospital Sunday morning.

Nurses and doctors at Willis Knighton Bossier hospital alerted police.

Police say the negligence charges apply because the child was under the age of 10 and was exposed to a danger from which she could not protect herself.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.