GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"PC or Console?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 10/06/01 at 18:06
Regular
it looks like the future gamer is going to have a lot of choice over which console to buy, like Gamecube or X-Box, but are they really a substitute for the mighty PC?
clearly the PC is much better, as u can play games as well as loads of other stuff (like this forum thingy), i really don't know why someone would waste their money on buying a £200 console when they can upgrade their PC or buy better games...
so a final word : PC towers above all consoles.
Sun 10/06/01 at 18:06
it looks like the future gamer is going to have a lot of choice over which console to buy, like Gamecube or X-Box, but are they really a substitute for the mighty PC?
clearly the PC is much better, as u can play games as well as loads of other stuff (like this forum thingy), i really don't know why someone would waste their money on buying a £200 console when they can upgrade their PC or buy better games...
so a final word : PC towers above all consoles.
Sun 10/06/01 at 18:12
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Im not so sure about that, i like playing consoles because you know that every game that you buy will be compatible, and also the game hardly ever crash. And you usually get better controllers for consoles than pcs.
Sun 10/06/01 at 18:16
games in PCs hardly crash too, if u have a decent computer that is, which most people have.
also, u can get all sorts of controllers for PCs which u can't get for consoles...what now, huh?
Sun 10/06/01 at 18:16
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
But consoles are dedicated machines they play games, thats what they are for. PC are designed to do lots of things, I personally think that both are needed. PC for its daily use and for games like deus ex where you need to use lots of keys to control the game, and a console to play great games like GT3 which probably will never be available for a PC.
Mon 11/06/01 at 18:20
I believe consules will lead to the "dumbing down" of computer games. Take Deus Ex for example, that game would be unplayable on a consule due to it's complexity and plot. The design of games on moniter and tv would also effect gameplay. But money rules and as I have said, I believe games will have to be "dumbed down" so in the future kids will not get complex PC games :(
Mon 11/06/01 at 18:22
Regular
Some games are generally done better on the PC than on consoles, I.E., FPS and RTS games. For almost anything else you have to have a console, I wouldn't go without ISS for that long either, and the option of blowing your mates head off whilst you are all in the same room, that'd be a console and a copy of Goldeneye/Timesplitters!!
Mon 11/06/01 at 19:56
The PC seems to be facing much opposition nowadays, and this seems to be the fault of microsoft. Microsoft have created a platform that will rival another market that it has already monopolised.

There are now cases of PC games that the publishers have now decided that they will release on the X-Box first.
I understand that the companies must try to make a profit, but PC owners have long been neglected by publishers, as they believe they can get away with selling bugged games, and then making patches at a later date. Now we have to wait for games because of another platform would prove to be more lucrative. People aren't stupid enough to buy two copies of the same game on different formats, and the prices of PC and console games are similar.

PC owners are generally patient, with each installment of Windows and Office needing numerous updates, but now power seems to be with Microsoft and the Console market, as the increased amount of money there means that the PC market is being forced to wait.
Mon 11/06/01 at 20:22
Regular
"Back For Good"
I only have one word which describes what your saying.

2 syllabels
first word rymes with dull
second word rymes with hit
Mon 11/06/01 at 20:46
Regular
At the moment it seems that consoles seem to be coming more and more like Pc's in the sense of being able to surf the internet on your DC, play DVDs on your PS2 and consoles do have online multiplayer features. i think its just a matter of time before the dedicated gaming console is no more and is just a home entertainment thing combined with a PC. Even the Gamecube is supposed to be just a games console but a version with DVD player is being produced.
Mon 11/06/01 at 21:59
Regular
> I believe consles will lead to the "dumbing down" of
> computer games. Take Deus Ex for example, that game would be
> unplayable on a console due to it's complexity and plot. The design
> of games on monitor and tv would also effect gameplay. But money
> rules and as I have said, I believe games will have to be
> "dumbed down" so in the future kids will not get complex
> PC games :(

Hey kid just helping your spelling out.
And Deus Ex is coming on the PS2 anyway...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.