GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Could you be getting more from the Internet?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 26/09/04 at 13:51
"Was the man of marz"
Every time you use the Internet to order a product or to sign up for a service that interests you, you are saving money. But could you be getting even more? If I were to tell you of a company that offered prizes for just doing your normal Internet routine, you would think I was kidding right? Well I am not. You could, every time you order something on the Internet or sign up for a service, be working your way towards a great free gift, just by doing what you normally do. Now this is where people usually post the link to sign up. Well I’m not. All I ask is that you take a look at my web site and then come to your decision. [URL]http://www.freewebs.com/gisagadget[/URL]
Thu 30/09/04 at 11:37
Regular
"A man with a stick"
What point? This site requires that you spend a hell of allot of money to save up the ridiculous amount of “Token” needed for the free gifts that people actually want (those gifts that come around a few hundred, I can guarantee will be complete junk). Those site that give you 1000 tokens presumably are the kind of sites many people wouldn’t go to in the first place, while those that are visited more only offer a meagre 25 to 50 tokens.

I’m not interested at all in what this site has to offer. If I want a chocolate tofu maker I’ll just go out and buy one instead of aimlessly trying to get one fore free.
Wed 29/09/04 at 15:02
"Was the man of marz"
Cipro, you miss the point. I said that you most probably wouldn't save enough tokens for an xbox, but a Gameboy advanced SP is only 9000 tokens, and some of the retailers/ services offer you 1000 points per time. Now can you see what I am getting at
Wed 29/09/04 at 13:11
Regular
"A man with a stick"
With this brilliant scheme, you could get 3 ¼ X-Box's for the amount of money it will take to save up for the points needed for a free one. These sites seem to pray on peoples gullibility.
Wed 29/09/04 at 13:00
Regular
"Braaains"
Yep - this is a crappy deal that costs you more money. There actually was one a while ago where you could buy so many Mars Bars and send in the wrappers to get an X-Box. Someone found a chain that did Mars Bars cheap and it ended up you could get an X-Box for about 1/2 price just by buying up Mars Bars. Plus you got the chocolate as well.
Tue 28/09/04 at 11:44
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Lipe wrote:
> What's so bad about signing up? Is it a scam? If so, please explain
> how.

Well, say if you want to claim an X-Box, it comes at around 11000 points, not bad you may thing but that's only because it doesn't have a pound sign at the front.

Now then, it costs around £99.99 for an X-Box from SR, so 99.99 x 30 (30 being the amount of points per pound) comes in at around at a measly 3000 points. So in order to save up the amount of points needed to claim a "Free" X-Box, you’d have to spend nearly four times as much as you would if you where to buy the console outright.

Sure, I suppose you could say "but you can spread the cost" but looking at the website to this 'fantastic and brilliant' scheme, non in the top 5 point collectors have managed to amass anything over 8000 points, which means to save up for an X-Box would take an age.

It's not so much a scam, as it is a cheap ploy by retailers to trick people into spending more at their sites for the prospect of a free gift that will actually cost them more to save up with this site then it will to buy it.
Mon 27/09/04 at 14:55
"Was the man of marz"
Scrap that, I think they just erased my thread :(

Always happens
Mon 27/09/04 at 14:27
"Was the man of marz"
cipro: Funny, an email from them saved me 50% on a dell all in one printer. I don't believe this is a scam, wanna know why? Just answered this in the general forum [URL]http://ukchatforums.reserve.co.uk/display_messages.php?threadid=110170&forumid=4006¤tsort=desc[/URL]
Sun 26/09/04 at 23:40
Regular
What's so bad about signing up? Is it a scam? If so, please explain how.
Sun 26/09/04 at 22:43
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Marzman wrote:
> Every time you use the Internet to order a product or to sign up for a
> service that interests you, you are saving money.

It's like you've know me all my life!

> But could you be getting even more?

I don't know Marzman, hey, why don't you tell me?

> If I were to tell you of a company that offered prizes for just doing your normal Internet routine, you would think I was kidding right?

You mean you aren't? Wow, I'm almost convinced that what ever you will say next will instantly save me hundreds of pounds.

> You could, every time you order something on the Internet or sign up for > a service, be working your way towards a great free gift, just by doing
> what you normally do.

And all I have to do is spend thousands on other sites with the promise of a free gift on this one. Wow, now that is saving.

> Now this is where people usually post the link to sign up. Well I’m
> not. All I ask is that you take a look at my web site and then come
> to your decision. [URL]http://www.freewebs.com/gisagadget[/URL]

I'm completely convinced that this will save me huge amounts of money. Now I can stop selling my vital organs to medical research as this will obviously save me the money I desperately need.
Sun 26/09/04 at 13:51
"Was the man of marz"
Every time you use the Internet to order a product or to sign up for a service that interests you, you are saving money. But could you be getting even more? If I were to tell you of a company that offered prizes for just doing your normal Internet routine, you would think I was kidding right? Well I am not. You could, every time you order something on the Internet or sign up for a service, be working your way towards a great free gift, just by doing what you normally do. Now this is where people usually post the link to sign up. Well I’m not. All I ask is that you take a look at my web site and then come to your decision. [URL]http://www.freewebs.com/gisagadget[/URL]

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.