GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Chronicles of riddick"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'The Chronicles of Riddick: Escape From Butcher Bay'.
Mon 27/09/04 at 15:51
Regular
Coming Up In Christmas
As the Xbox game continues to garner far greater critical acclaim than the movie itself, Vin Diesel has informed ComingSoon.net that a PS2 version of the former Xbox 'exclusive' is in the offing, and will be released in time for Christmas. Chronicles of Riddick: Escape From Butcher Bay has been wowing fans since launch stateside, though sadly us Europeans will have to wait another month for an Xbox release here.
Diesel stated that he hopes to have the PS2 version in stores by yuletide in order to coincide with the DVD debut. He also expressed frustration in the interview that a PS2 version was not readied sooner. Confusingly however, VU Games contradicted the actor's proclamations, stating that "at this time there are no plans to do Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay on PlayStation 2." Which certainly smacks of miscommunication somewhere along the line. We'll try and clear this up for you as soon as we can and i think vin diesel is the best at making the movies with more action than pierce bosnam ,vin diesel is my best actor than the other he maked adrenaline and extreme movies and Psycho powers'the fast and the furious'XXX'and the latest'Pitch Black. this game is going to be the greatest and better than gta:andreas Playstation 2 Official Magazine on christmas will give you the chance to play the demo before you buy.
Sun 03/10/04 at 21:23
Regular
"boom boom click"
riddick came out ages ago on Xbox and the ps2 hasnt the graphics to handle it so i dont know why your so excited unless of course your thick like speedrally2004............WAIT A MINUTE
Tue 28/09/04 at 23:18
Regular
"Bicycle"
Yes, minions like me.
Tue 28/09/04 at 22:54
Regular
Squall wrote:
> so why repeat it everytime a game like this comes along?

Okay, I will let them continue to cash in giving you otherwise crap versions of otherwise top games.

Let all the minions go out and buy it.
Tue 28/09/04 at 17:40
Regular
"Braaains"
Except that on the PS2 version, Riddick will be no longer a hard-edged criminal but a sassy talking parrot with a hamster sidekick.
Tue 28/09/04 at 16:02
Regular
"America, _ yeah!!"
ÂLŠ†ÂÎR wrote:
> Without sounding like a spoil sport, there is now way Riddick can be
> pulled off on the PS2 without seriously dumbing it down. Even with
> the use of Normal mapping the game still requires some serious umph
> to run it. The Xbox struggled to maintain 30fps so there is no was
> the PS2 will cope.

But we know that. We know the X-Box is better, so why repeat it every time a game like this comes along?
Tue 28/09/04 at 08:47
Regular
Without sounding like a spoil sport, there is now way Riddick can be pulled off on the PS2 without seriously dumbing it down. Even with the use of Normal mapping the game still requires some serious umph to run it. The Xbox struggled to maintain 30fps so there is no was the PS2 will cope.
Mon 27/09/04 at 23:43
Regular
"8==="
They'll release some cacky version and cash in on the success of the more powerful original.

Or they might have some pride and do it properly.
Mon 27/09/04 at 22:55
Regular
"Touched!"
I thought they had canned the PS2 version of Riddick?
Mon 27/09/04 at 20:12
Regular
"America, _ yeah!!"
Hedfix wrote:
> I realise that.

Least we have a mutual understanding then.
Mon 27/09/04 at 19:51
Regular
"8==="
I realise that.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.