GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"England Line-Up"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 17/11/05 at 21:58
Regular
Before you all lambast me for reincarnating a tired topic, it seems as good a time as any to resurrect what seems to be a quartely discussion on the system England should use.

Sven is still unsure about his first XI - how to structure the midfield, who to play on the left and what central defensive combination to use have proven to be three troublesome headaches. Whatsmore, Ledley King no longer looks like such a natural fit for the holding role and it remains unclear whether or not Lampard and Gerrard can establish an effective piston-styled "you go, I'll drop" relationship in the centre of midfield.

He's got one friendly until he names his squad, against meagre opposition. Then two afterwards before we go to Germany. A decision needs to be made.

So who do you think should be in our starting XI, and how should we set the team up? Post a backup team to your first XI if you wish, to complete the squad.
Thu 17/11/05 at 22:15
Regular
"Monochromatic"
* Sighs *
Where to start with this one? I suppose form comes into it but personally

Robinson
Cole
Cambell
Terry

Ferdinand (Taking the holding role in front)

Downing/Cole (I'm almost convinced he might actually be able to do it)
Lampard
Gerrard
Wright-Phillips

Rooney
Owen

3-1-4-2 then i suppose, not a chance of Sven considering dropping La Becks though. You could come up with a 100 different combinations of players and formations really.
Thu 17/11/05 at 21:58
Regular
Before you all lambast me for reincarnating a tired topic, it seems as good a time as any to resurrect what seems to be a quartely discussion on the system England should use.

Sven is still unsure about his first XI - how to structure the midfield, who to play on the left and what central defensive combination to use have proven to be three troublesome headaches. Whatsmore, Ledley King no longer looks like such a natural fit for the holding role and it remains unclear whether or not Lampard and Gerrard can establish an effective piston-styled "you go, I'll drop" relationship in the centre of midfield.

He's got one friendly until he names his squad, against meagre opposition. Then two afterwards before we go to Germany. A decision needs to be made.

So who do you think should be in our starting XI, and how should we set the team up? Post a backup team to your first XI if you wish, to complete the squad.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.