GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Alien Hominid"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Alien Hominid'.
Mon 27/09/04 at 19:25
Regular
This game looks awesome. American newbies 'The Behemoth' got inspired to create this game by a flash game off the internet. You control a yellow alien and take on the FBI to get your ship back in a frantic 2D shooter with some gorgeous visuals and brilliant explosions. Co-op play is included to, and the second player can join in wheever they want.

After the brilliant Viewtiful Joe, my heart has opened up for the good ol' 2D games.

Keep your eye on this one as it's UK bound :D
Sat 02/10/04 at 10:31
Regular
has it been confirmed that it is UK bound? could you give us the link. also how much will it set me back and when is it out?
Wed 29/09/04 at 13:43
Regular
"Braaains"
Apple Crumble wrote:
> FinalFantasyFanatic wrote:
> The idea where anyone else can join in at any time is a great one,
> though. How long since any game had 'P2 press start' flashing in the
> corner?
>
> Thats true. I only seem to remember obscure fighting titles on the
> likes of the Mega Drive letting 2player join in when he/she wants.
>

And then administering a little friendly fire when it turns out they're just rubbish at it.
Tue 28/09/04 at 15:41
Regular
FinalFantasyFanatic wrote:
> The idea where anyone else can join in at any time is a great one,
> though. How long since any game had 'P2 press start' flashing in the
> corner?

Thats true. I only seem to remember obscure fighting titles on the likes of the Mega Drive letting 2player join in when he/she wants.

'Twill be fun :D
Mon 27/09/04 at 23:02
"period drama"
The idea where anyone else can join in at any time is a great one, though. How long since any game had 'P2 press start' flashing in the corner?
Mon 27/09/04 at 22:40
Regular
Yes, and PS2. It's just been released in USA, and is UK bound.
Mon 27/09/04 at 22:34
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Is this a Cube game?
Mon 27/09/04 at 22:16
Regular
I agree (especially the explosions)
Mon 27/09/04 at 22:15
Regular
I think it looks great.
Mon 27/09/04 at 22:14
Regular
Suppose, but I really like the look of it. It may not be anything 'new', but I think the frantic gameplay will make it fun to play.

And if you're stuck, you can quickly pause and force your brother/sister to play.

Thta's if they are good of course :D
Mon 27/09/04 at 22:12
"period drama"
Not really. It was an internet game, which usually make rather shallow proper games, no matter how many extra level they tag on the end.
And it looks pretty basic - not like VJ, which was actually 3D, just viewed mostly from the side.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.