GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Wi-fi question(s)"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 09/11/05 at 21:34
Regular
"-_-"
Well I've finally decided to bother getting the internet in my second PC. I've decided ill be using wifi in the 802.11g standard (I read magazines with this stuff in so if i sound like a fool, I dont actually know what I'm talknig about :) ). Well i was going to buy a wirelessrouter/modem and two PCI wifi cards, but I've seen USB 2.0 wifi dongles, for about the same price. I thought these would jsut be for laptops, but ttheyll work on desktops as well.
So are the USB wifi majigs worth buying? (Think i saw a free one with a net gear or a belkin router). Do the usb wifi receivers have the same range as the pci versions?

Cheers, im sure ill think up another question or two...
Fri 11/11/05 at 12:39
"period drama"
The recievers don't really matter, it's just the router you want to be spiffy.
Thu 10/11/05 at 16:51
"High polygon count"
USB dongles are fine. We have one on our 2nd desktop PC.
Thu 10/11/05 at 16:31
Regular
"-_-"
Anyone?
I'm, sure one of you must be able to solve my not-so-serious problem.
Wed 09/11/05 at 21:34
Regular
"-_-"
Well I've finally decided to bother getting the internet in my second PC. I've decided ill be using wifi in the 802.11g standard (I read magazines with this stuff in so if i sound like a fool, I dont actually know what I'm talknig about :) ). Well i was going to buy a wirelessrouter/modem and two PCI wifi cards, but I've seen USB 2.0 wifi dongles, for about the same price. I thought these would jsut be for laptops, but ttheyll work on desktops as well.
So are the USB wifi majigs worth buying? (Think i saw a free one with a net gear or a belkin router). Do the usb wifi receivers have the same range as the pci versions?

Cheers, im sure ill think up another question or two...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.