GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Gamecube Design"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 09/06/01 at 20:44
Regular
I am a true Nintendo-maniac and I love everything to do with Nintendo and I can't wait for the gamecube to come out so that Nintendo can show Sony how to make a real gaming console. I do, however, have one main concern about the gamecube and that is its design. It looks like a cheap nasty plastic box and does not appeal to the older market and I am therfore considering not buying one. Although the Gamecube will be more powerful than the playstation 2 it looks worse and whereas The PS2 is futuristic looking and very now, the gamecube is dull and old and not doesn't even pull off looking old by being retro, it is basically crap. So I was wondering am I being too shallow worrying about the aesthetic side of the gamecube and will the power and brilliant games overide the poor design?. Please help me because I don't know whether or not to buy a Gamecube and your opinion on what you think the gamecube will be like will help me greatly on coming to a decision.
Sat 09/06/01 at 20:44
Regular
"Yer mofoing Maw"
I am a true Nintendo-maniac and I love everything to do with Nintendo and I can't wait for the gamecube to come out so that Nintendo can show Sony how to make a real gaming console. I do, however, have one main concern about the gamecube and that is its design. It looks like a cheap nasty plastic box and does not appeal to the older market and I am therfore considering not buying one. Although the Gamecube will be more powerful than the playstation 2 it looks worse and whereas The PS2 is futuristic looking and very now, the gamecube is dull and old and not doesn't even pull off looking old by being retro, it is basically crap. So I was wondering am I being too shallow worrying about the aesthetic side of the gamecube and will the power and brilliant games overide the poor design?. Please help me because I don't know whether or not to buy a Gamecube and your opinion on what you think the gamecube will be like will help me greatly on coming to a decision.
Sat 09/06/01 at 22:44
If it's that purple you hate - the GameCube will come in loads of different colours including black so it will look equal to the PS2.

Also it is so small (10 CD's stacked on top of eachother) unlike the massive PS2 and XBox that it will be easy to hide if you really hate the design.

But remember that it is the games that count and you know they will be amazing!!
Sat 09/06/01 at 23:26
Regular
i think the Gamecube looks bigger than it reall is in pictures. u cant realise how small it really is by just looking at pictures of it. ITs so tiny!
Sun 10/06/01 at 00:57
Hey beatch,

Are you retarded?!?
How the hell can you be mad about Nintendo if all you can think about is how their next-gen console looks like? OK, so it may look a bit too 'cute' for some but Nintys little box will play like a dream. Is the look all you thought about when buying your N64? Or was it too black for you?

DAMMIT PEOPLE! JUST BEACAUSE IT LOOKS CUTE DOES NOT MEAN IT WILL BE CRAP!!!!

nkmnz
Sun 10/06/01 at 11:15
Regular
"Whatever!"
Thats what took me by surprise, the size of it!! Its absolutely tiny!! looks like it will be the most compatible of all next gen consoles, compare that to the size of the X-Box!!
Sun 10/06/01 at 16:22
Regular
"Yer mofoing Maw"
Hey nkmz,
I was never doubting the sheer power of the gamecube, all I was saying is the design is weak. For example if I saw the gamecube in a mates room and I didn't know what it was I would burst out laughing and ask him what decade he bought it in, the 60s?. So I think that if Nintendo rethought the design of the Gamecube, combined with its power and quality games would make it the best Games console around and there would be no need for us to be debating the matter. Not only do I want a Games console that plays sweet I also want a Games console that looks sweet so when someone sees it in my room they cannot help but admire and adore it. So nkmnz, whatever that means, get ur facts right because I know that the Gamecube will beat the PS2 power wise but the PS2 will beat the Gamecube's design wise no matter how small the gamecube is.
And what are you talking about the N64 being too black for me its grey if you havent noticed.
Beatch
Sun 10/06/01 at 18:18
Regular
"what is knowledge ?"
why don't you (seing as you dont like the design) make a new covering for it so you could make a black box or whatever you like with the gamecube logos on so it would look more futuristic. Or nintendo could do it
Sun 10/06/01 at 18:56
Regular
"ur kungfu is no goo"
it doesnt really matter what it looks like ugly is as ugly does right!!
Sun 10/06/01 at 23:16
Regular
The n64 is more black than it is grey. The orginal psx is what you call grey. hence the nick name greystation.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.