GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Liverpool Investment"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 09/11/05 at 10:10
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
Posts: 10,009
[URL]http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/l/liverpool/4420306.stm[/URL]

Another possible American investment in an English football club?
Sat 12/11/05 at 19:03
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Posts: 11,024
Stryke wrote:
> -Sissoko awful

No.

> -Cisse good (10 goals this season in all compeititons, by the way)

'Good' - yes, if the scale goes "Absplutely terrible - good - best player ever"

He's nothing special, just really fast. Can't finish to save his life.


> -Canizares retired, has he?

Nope, he's just very accident prone these days. Reina and Valdes are preferred to him these days I believe, and Reina over Valdes, because Valdes is also bad. Casillas is so far ahead of all of them though.

> -Finnan,Hyypia,Carra awesome

But you had them all last season and kept hardly any clean sheets, that's the point. They may be awesome, that's not the issue.
Sat 12/11/05 at 11:17
Regular
Posts: 16,548
I really can't be bothered to have a Light style you-quote-me-I-quote-you on this. I'll leave my talking to the Pro Evo field some day. There's a tournament on in JJs in Week 7, I think.

-Sissoko awful
-Cisse good (10 goals this season in all compeititons, by the way)
-Crouch awful (I know we didn't bring him up, it's just always valid)
-Canizares retired, has he?
-Finnan,Hyypia,Carra awesome

Yeah, I'm done.
Fri 11/11/05 at 22:50
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Posts: 11,024
Stryke wrote:
> Our defensive
> record this season is down to Finnan, Carra and Sami all the way. If
> a shot gets through, Reina flaps like a girl at a wasp.

Oh really? That's why with those same three players, and the same manager, you kept hardly any clean sheets last season?


> Cool. Rooney's still a kid. So's Ronaldo, Robben, Darren Bent,
> Robinho, Van Persie - yet there's a difference between them and
> Sissoko. They play well.

No, the difference is they're all forwards, you pillock. Defending is much more about experience and knowing how to read a game. ie, a striker can have ten shots a game, and as long as he scores one or two, he's a good striker. If a defender succeeds only ten per cent of the time, he's crap. That's why AC Milan's back line is so old. That's why Liverpool tried and failed to find a good centreback in the Summer, and didn't just snap up a seventeen year old to play while resting Hyypia.

I'm not necessarily defending Sissoko here, but what you say is illogical.


> We need goals.....
> ....He's our top scorer....
> ...And you can understand why Rafa leaves him out?
>
> Right, gotcha.

He's your top scorer with what, two goals? Wow, into the big time. Rafa leaves him out because his shooting really isn't that good. Terrible accuracy. Did you see his one on one against Villa? One very long word for you: AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA



> 1) No it's not cheaper. He bought a English up-and-coming goalkeeper
> for 1 million and then bought the Soanish 3rd choice
> goalkeeper for 5.5 million.

*Cough* Second choice.


> i'd rather defend
> and win the Champions League if that's what it takes to win it.
>
> --
>
> And there you go. That's wrong with your viewpoint.

I most definitely agree with Stryke here. If the CL final had been a dull nil-nil draw with Liverpool winning on penalties, people would barely remember by now.
Fri 11/11/05 at 22:35
Regular
"Green & White Army"
Posts: 487
I still stand by all my arguments so we will just have to agree to disagree.
Fri 11/11/05 at 10:27
Regular
Posts: 16,548
KopKing wrote:


However Reina a waste of 5 milllion I
> dont think so. Already this year we have kept the same amount of
> clean sheets in the Premiership this year than in the whole of last
> year. This may be due to superb defending but Reina has a hand in
> that. Plus he is only 22 his kicking may not be great but that wll
> improve and he was outstanding last year.

--

So he saved a few penalties in La Liga? Big whoop. Our defensive record this season is down to Finnan, Carra and Sami all the way. If a shot gets through, Reina flaps like a girl at a wasp.

--

Sissoko looks like a great
> talent. A bit like a rough diamond but he covers so much ground and
> gets so many tackles in and he's only 20, still a kid.

--

Cool. Rooney's still a kid. So's Ronaldo, Robben, Darren Bent, Robinho, Van Persie - yet there's a difference between them and Sissoko. They play well. So he covers a lot of ground? All he does with it is slide in with bad timing. Then, if by some miracle, he gets the ball, he pretends that he can spray it around like Stevie or Xabi and it goes straight out or to their goalkeeper. Then there's the seemingly endless tide of yellows and his awful awful shooting.

Nope, not buying the "only a kid" argument. Doesn't work anymore.

--
We also had a pretty tough
> start to the season in terms of opposition but we shouldnt lose too
> many between now and January.

--

Oooh, the toughie toughie games of Middlesborough, Birmingham, Fulham? Yeah, that's a valid excuse.

--

> I agree Cisse needs to play everygame being top scorer and all but I
> can understand why Rafa leaves him out. >

--

We need goals.....
....He's our top scorer....
...And you can understand why Rafa leaves him out?

Right, gotcha.

--

> >buys Spanish just for the sake of it, sells players like Danny
> Murphy not because they were surplus to requirements
>
> He buys Spanish players because thats the market he knows best and
> its much cheaper to buy a Spanish player than an English player.
> Danny Murphy demanded first team action as soon as Rafa joined and I
> can't see that going down too well. He did however buy a suitable
> replacement in Alonso. Who would you rather have? I know I prefer
> Alonso.

--

1) No it's not cheaper. He bought a English up-and-coming goalkeeper for 1 million and then bought the Soanish 3rd choice goalkeeper for 5.5 million. Cheap Cheap Cheap! And just because it's cheap doesn't mean it's good. Our only successful Spanish import? 10.5 million. Awesome.

2)Danny didn't demand first-team action. He was frozen out.

3)DO you even watch football? Danny and Alonso are no way near the same player. We could do with Danny right now, he can play out on the right.

--

i'd rather defend
> and win the Champions League if that's what it takes to win it.

--

And there you go. That's wrong with your viewpoint.
Fri 11/11/05 at 10:17
Regular
Posts: 16,548
Mention Reina and Blank homes in on you like some La Liga avenger. He's OK. But he's not better than Dudek or Kirkland. And Carson is coming on a treat. Reina is the best example of buying Spanish for the sake of it.

But hey, maybe flapping at crosses and high balls is the key to good goalkeeping. Someone tell people like Jasskelainen and Cech that, maybe they can improve their game.
Thu 10/11/05 at 23:55
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Posts: 11,024
Stryke wrote:
> Wasted 5 million each on Sissoko and Reina

Hey, they're good.
Thu 10/11/05 at 23:27
Regular
"Green & White Army"
Posts: 487
Ok agreed. Doesn't matter anyway is in the past now.
Thu 10/11/05 at 23:20
Regular
Posts: 13,611
Well my evidence is taken from The Times, who showed the proof from the analysts using two different computer techniques, hawk-eye admittedly being the less accurate.

But nevertheless, the goal was ruled out in both. Comfort can be taken however in the fact that were it not a goal, it would've been a penalty and a red card for Petr Cech.

So either way, a deserved victory.
Thu 10/11/05 at 22:52
Regular
"Green & White Army"
Posts: 487
Ah right well then I withdraw that point. I only woke up at like 10 o'clock and missed the first hour but my brother told me and I took his word for it. My mistake.

Oh and if your talking about that crap HawkEye that Sky used to "prove" it wasnt a goal then you will find that evidence was wrong. Gallas position in the shot was wrong. It showed his left foot further away from the line than it actually was making his clearing position quite a bit further from the line than he actually was. Even if it wasn't a goal who cares the goal stood. Chelsea get their fair share of luck.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Hide Feedback Tab

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.