GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"F.A Cup 1st round"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 05/11/05 at 15:24
Regular
"Funky Gibon"
Any of your teams big or small playing today. My team southend are but I couldn't go but were winning 1-0 Eastwood.
Tue 15/11/05 at 14:27
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
Cong_Man wrote:

> Awful, awful match. When Megson felt the need to play five at the back
> and have them constantly hoof the ball against a non-league side is
> completely beyond me. If it wasn't for their defensive lapse for the
> first goal, we would have really struggled. The irony is, the one
> time in the whole match that we got the ball down and played
> football, we actually scored a goal. I hate seeing what we have
> become under Megson (another Leicester-esque hoofball team).

It was like watching lower league football - no disrespect to Divisoon 2 and lower teams intended.

Hoof the ball into their penalty box from our half of the pitch and hope someone gets on the end of it. Ugly, very ugly and most times no-one did and it was cleared. If we did it was wasted.

The two goals we scored were good though no luck involved just skill but overall it was poor. We need to improve. Pronto.
Tue 15/11/05 at 14:21
Regular
"..."
Awful, awful match. When Megson felt the need to play five at the back and have them constantly hoof the ball against a non-league side is completely beyond me. If it wasn't for their defensive lapse for the first goal, we would have really struggled. The irony is, the one time in the whole match that we got the ball down and played football, we actually scored a goal. I hate seeing what we have become under Megson (another Leicester-esque hoofball team).
Mon 14/11/05 at 16:32
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
Weymouth vs Forest tonight live on Sky.

Just been to get a few cans to watch it with and am looking forward to it. Even though I am a Forest fan.

On a plus side though if we do lose (which I believe is a good possibility) it means Megson's one step closer to the dole queue which is a good thing.
Sun 13/11/05 at 21:44
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
Manda†are wrote:
> Nothwich in 2nd round at home is a good tie, should get to 3rd round
> and than get Chelsea :D

Ugh, if you just assume we'll make the 3rd round we're almost certainly on our way out! Don't forget we not only have to beat Northwich, who have won 15 out of 18 league games this season, but also Southport Tuesday night. It's not as easy as it looks in the slightest, especially considering we just lost 4 - 0!
Mon 07/11/05 at 14:08
Regular
"..."
Smedlos wrote:
> Oldham being taken to a replay by a side 6 divisions below them. Being
> a Forest fan doesn't seem that bad now..........

Gillingham's result made me feel better.
Sun 06/11/05 at 17:51
Regular
"Better Than You"
Bradford City, 2-1 win against Tranmere.

Let in a goal after six minutes, but towards end of first half sounded to be playing well, especially down the flanks. We continued in the second half and got two goals in 3 minutes - from a 40 yard effort and penalty and then held on for the rest of the half. Will have to see the goals on Math of the Day 2 tonight.
Sun 06/11/05 at 17:35
Regular
"Conversation Killer"
Ashman wrote:

>
> We have a replay against Southport at home. Should win it and if we
> get a nice draw it could be 3rd round here we come. I am being a bit
> hopeful, mind.

Well, Did you see Southports goal. Bit dodgy for my liking.

Nothwich in 2nd round at home is a good tie, should get to 3rd round and than get Chelsea :D
Sun 06/11/05 at 15:14
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
Oldham being taken to a replay by a side 6 divisions below them. Being a Forest fan doesn't seem that bad now..........
Sun 06/11/05 at 14:45
Regular
"You've upset me"
My other 2 local teams, Cambridge City and Histon lost 1-0 and won 4-0 respectively. City were against Hereford in the league above (who we beat 2-1 may I add) and Histon were against Hednesford in the Conf North.
Sun 06/11/05 at 13:51
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
Forest Fan wrote:
> Forest 1-1 Weymouth at home. In the last five seasons or so Forest
> have been the most woeful cup team ever, not to mention they're in
> League One. And we were beaten by Woking in the LDV cup a couple of
> weeks back. Wouldn't bet against us getting knocked out in the 1st
> round here either.

Forest keep playing well in one match and then dire in the next which is really frustrating. I can't see us losing to Weymouth but I doubt we'll get very far.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.