GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Anyone think rockstar is Lazy?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 29/09/04 at 21:31
Regular
"bb guns galore"
I know i am being outnumber buy about 12 million to 1 but i feel that rockstar north has been lazy on San Andreas for a number of reasons. It mainly revolves around the fact they are using the same game engine as GTA3 and Vice City, people are marvelling in amazment about these great changes but my money is on that these were around when vice city was around but they were scared to put them in because it would leave new content in san andreas weak, e.g. planes they had them working even in the original but did not put them in, they put helicopters in Vice city and now planes in san andreas and i feel it is just more of the same but slightly shinnier.
Fri 01/10/04 at 21:39
Regular
speedrally2004 wrote:
> I dont think rockstar is lazy bur on the games they create the games
> are rude and i played midninght club 1 & 2 the 1st is a bit cool
> but the streets the cars dont look real and midnight club 2 is even
> worst i cant say anything its rubbish,why play a crap and buy this
> game i just played i dint buyed the games there are
> juiced,nfs2,burnout 3 better games than midninght club grand theft
> auto san andreas is very delayed and it was supposed to be out on
> setember 2004 its rated 18 got prostitutes,drugs,gangs i like this
> types of games its better than State of Emergency .

translation please.
Thu 30/09/04 at 16:26
Well compared to, say Lionhead and Valve, Sept to Oct is hardly a huge delay.

Good grammar by the way, I guess you're not just speedy on the rallying.
Thu 30/09/04 at 16:21
Regular
I dont think rockstar is lazy bur on the games they create the games are rude and i played midninght club 1 & 2 the 1st is a bit cool but the streets the cars dont look real and midnight club 2 is even worst i cant say anything its rubbish,why play a crap and buy this game i just played i dint buyed the games there are juiced,nfs2,burnout 3 better games than midninght club grand theft auto san andreas is very delayed and it was supposed to be out on setember 2004 its rated 18 got prostitutes,drugs,gangs i like this types of games its better than State of Emergency .
Thu 30/09/04 at 16:09
They're not lazy. There is no way you can create a modern game engine from scratch in a year, update it with new scenery and other data, gameplay and test it, and then revise it AND make it out on time. Though I'm sure Rockstar North are developing a new engine, it takes ages to refine it to a game.

And remember that Rockstar are one of the few (next to EA) that actually get their games out on time, or in this case, a week delay. Not like the motto that most dev houses use i.e. "It'll be finished when it's ready", or along thsoe lines.
Thu 30/09/04 at 06:06
Regular
"8==="
Haven't got round to the VC element of the double pack but the aiming in GTA3 was crap.

A sprinkling of Max Payne-like aiming would raise the next game's quality by a VERY significant amount.
Wed 29/09/04 at 22:25
Regular
"gsybe you!"
I hate Rockstar for no real rational reason, so yes, they are lazy.

But why should they bother changing it too much?!
Wed 29/09/04 at 22:16
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
Why change something when it works well?

Also changing the game engine isn't something that is an easy part of the game design, change it and your looking at the game being released next year sometime. Chances are that the PS2 wouldn't support a greatly improved engine so the game would be required to be released on the next generation of consoles.
Wed 29/09/04 at 21:31
Regular
"bb guns galore"
I know i am being outnumber buy about 12 million to 1 but i feel that rockstar north has been lazy on San Andreas for a number of reasons. It mainly revolves around the fact they are using the same game engine as GTA3 and Vice City, people are marvelling in amazment about these great changes but my money is on that these were around when vice city was around but they were scared to put them in because it would leave new content in san andreas weak, e.g. planes they had them working even in the original but did not put them in, they put helicopters in Vice city and now planes in san andreas and i feel it is just more of the same but slightly shinnier.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.