GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Banned?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'SOCOM 2 : Jungle Storm'.
Wed 29/09/04 at 22:32
Regular
"Stridman in disguis"
When I logged onto SOCOM II just now it had on the news page something to do with pins.

It said something like : "Sometime in October all users who haven't registered their PIN (That should get sent to you by post when you register on CS) will be banned from ALL online games until they enter their PIN".

Thats unfair because I registered to Central Station on the 14th August and I haven't received any letter from Sony. So if they haven't sent me the PIN what do I do? I'm not gonna get banned from SWB, SOCOM II and all of the other online games just because Sony haven't sent me a PIN.

Sod this, now I knwo why PS2 Online is so much cheaper than Xbox Live...
Fri 01/10/04 at 00:26
"I love yo... lamp."
I prefered SOCOM to SOCOM 2. And whilst it was good, it wasn't as good as RS3, so I ended up giving up on PS2 Online pretty quickly. At one time there was a pretty decent SR clan though.
Thu 30/09/04 at 23:59
SOCOM II is the only game on the PS2 that I have as its the only decent online game the PS2 has. It may not be perfect but its still good fun! The fun is starting to wear off now with the continuous lagg and the lack of updates and downloads etc.
Personally, I wouldn't compare it to Rainbow Six 3: Black Arrow; but if I had to, I'd prefer SOCOM II. RS3:Black Arrow is good but nowhere near as entertaining as SOCOM II was.

Currently the X-Box has no online title that really stands out like SOCOM II does for the PS2. I've got Counter Strike, Ghost Recon: Island Thunder, Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow and Star Wars Battlefront and they all attract different genres of players. None of them are a real online title that'll last for ages, such as SOCOM I did and how SOCOM II has continued to do.

As soon as Halo 2 arrives though, there will be no point in arguing as this game will just rock! It may not be a realistic war game, but if X-Box gamers want that, they're probably waiting for Battlefield Modern Combat or Operation Flashpoint, which are the two major online titles that the X-Box will surpass the PS2 with and no-one will ever mention SOCOM II next to these games.

Anyways back to the subject!...

You still ain't got your pin? Better give them a ring and see where it is?
Thu 30/09/04 at 22:31
Regular
if you bought the net adapter used will have many less info new is better bcs it gots all the info brings a demos to play online if you bought used you will have problems.
Thu 30/09/04 at 19:29
Regular
"8==="
Yeah Island Thunder's on the Xbox.
Thu 30/09/04 at 19:27
Regular
"Stridman in disguis"
Never played it, but i've heard a few decent things said about it.

But then, you can get it on the Xbox, cant you?
Thu 30/09/04 at 19:26
Regular
"8==="
Ghost Recon: Island Thunder's pretty good fun too. :)

EDIT: and I can quite easily see an Xbox + Halo 2 + Live lasting someone 6 months with just those 3. Halo 2's going to be AWESOME. I just heard from Creepy that there'll be a defuse the bomb mode in it like Counter-Strike - it just gets better and better!
Thu 30/09/04 at 19:24
Regular
"Stridman in disguis"
Hedfix wrote:
> Ghost Recon 2, Halo 2, Goldeneye: Rogue Agent (might be good but you
> know the best version'll be Xbox), TS2, Splinter Cell 3.
>
> You'll forget about SOCOM 2 soon enough. ;)

Exactly, I cant think of ONE decent PS2 game that Xbox owners would be jealous over.

SOCOM II is great fun, but doesn't come close to Black Arrow...or even RS3.
Thu 30/09/04 at 19:18
Regular
"8==="
Ghost Recon 2, Halo 2, Goldeneye: Rogue Agent (might be good but you know the best version'll be Xbox), TS2, Splinter Cell 3.

You'll forget about SOCOM 2 soon enough. ;)
Thu 30/09/04 at 19:12
Regular
"Stridman in disguis"
Reefer wrote:
> So much cheaper? It's bloody free.

Oh so this little thing called a Network Card just appeared without me doing anything then, did it?

Might only be £16 but i'd rather pay £30 a year (30 a year is very reasonable IMO) to get a MUCH better service and much better online games.

AND, unlike the PS2, the Xbox has a Hardrive meaning we can download new maps, tracks, characters etc for our online games for free.

You can get a Hardrive for the PS2 but :

1) It isn't out in Europe.

2) It costs about $99.

3) It'll probably suck and not much games support the Hardrive ie. Dont allow people to download more things for their games.
Thu 30/09/04 at 12:31
Regular
So much cheaper? It's bloody free.

On the other hand, I got sent two pin codes :0)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.