GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Retro Nintendo 64"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 30/09/04 at 10:45
Regular
"Insert Gently"
Was looking for some junk to put on eBay, from under my bed where I keep my stash of goodies and found my old Dreamcast and N64 with aload of games I had forgotten about. Set it up and started playing Banjo-Tootie, Perfect Dark, Goldeneye and Diddy Kong Racing.

I had forgotten how good Perfect Dark and Goldeneye were, esp PD I think even if they brought it out now, it would be a sure-fire hit, I spent hours shooting my mate with Tranquilizer guns and watching him stumble around like a crack addict oh the fun of it. And I thought I would be a bit rusty on Goldeneye but I've still got the magic of dodging those bullets with the strafe buttons, I'm still the king.

Anyone else had a retro play of there N64?
Thu 30/09/04 at 22:09
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
That was...strange.

I didn't even see your post.
Thu 30/09/04 at 22:08
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
Whitestripes DX wrote:
> GoldenEye > Perfect Dark

Indeed, it should be a law.
Thu 30/09/04 at 22:08
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Whitestripes DX wrote:
> GoldenEye > Perfect Dark
Thu 30/09/04 at 20:19
Regular
"0228"
gerrid wrote:
> Banjo Kazooie is perhaps the best N64 game.

That reminds me, I still need four more musical notes.
Thu 30/09/04 at 20:15
Regular
"...y'crazy fool!"
I think there's a strong case for Perfect Dark being the better of the two. Certainly much more fun in multi-player mode compared with Goldeneye, just a shame (I've said it before) that they haven't released a Perfect Dark on the GC! It would be incentive enough for me to buy one given how cheap GC's have become recently.

I last wheeled out my N64 a few months ago, had a burn around the Mario Kart circuits and a run around on Perfect Dark - still as good as ever!
Thu 30/09/04 at 18:28
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Banjo Kazooie is perhaps the best N64 game.
Thu 30/09/04 at 16:52
Regular
GoldenEye > Perfect Dark
Thu 30/09/04 at 16:07
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
My 64 is set-up just now. And much better than GC or PS2. Oh yes.
Thu 30/09/04 at 15:35
Regular
"'ahh a nice sweety!"
My N64 has never been anywhere BUT by the TV. And yes Perfect Dark is STILL the best shoot em up by far!

The games I play the most though are either Banjo Kazooie (just adore this game), Excitebike 64, Mario Kart 64 and T.W.I.N.E which is still regarded by some of my mates (well the multiplayer anyway) as better than Goldneye *Gasp*!
Thu 30/09/04 at 11:45
Regular
What I plan to do when I get my new room or move house I'm going set up the ol' 64 because i'll have room too.

So can't wait for another massive Dark sim scare-em-up.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.