GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Stuff I miss about older movies."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 03/11/05 at 14:25
Regular
"8==="
Good old murder mystery ones like The Beast Must Die (and I think the original House on Haunted Hill) where the movie stopped and you were shown all the main characters faces and asked to guess who was the werewolf/murderer a little bit before it was revealed.

Realistic effects - in a few films now there's too much unconvincing CGI that's cheap and quite pointless when used wrongly.

Un-PC film-making - Russians are always bad, short men are bad, anyone with a slight disability or tic is immediately bad.

Decent westerns.

Blofeld.

No stupid californian brats cluttering up a movie.

The Star-Trek cast before they all got fat and old.

and a few things I don't miss:

Overblown dance numbers.

Everyone 'lower class' having a cockney accent.

Dick Van D*ke (yeah, thanks SR filter).

Stupid tacked-on happy endings.
Thu 03/11/05 at 14:25
Regular
"8==="
Good old murder mystery ones like The Beast Must Die (and I think the original House on Haunted Hill) where the movie stopped and you were shown all the main characters faces and asked to guess who was the werewolf/murderer a little bit before it was revealed.

Realistic effects - in a few films now there's too much unconvincing CGI that's cheap and quite pointless when used wrongly.

Un-PC film-making - Russians are always bad, short men are bad, anyone with a slight disability or tic is immediately bad.

Decent westerns.

Blofeld.

No stupid californian brats cluttering up a movie.

The Star-Trek cast before they all got fat and old.

and a few things I don't miss:

Overblown dance numbers.

Everyone 'lower class' having a cockney accent.

Dick Van D*ke (yeah, thanks SR filter).

Stupid tacked-on happy endings.
Thu 03/11/05 at 17:36
Regular
"The definitive tag"
I miss the proper action movies of the 80's and 90's when a nice big explosion was the norm instead of some generic CGI'd in rubbish.
Thu 03/11/05 at 17:41
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
I've seen The Beast Must Die. There's a reason films like that aren't made anymore.
Fri 04/11/05 at 02:20
Regular
"8==="
All it needed was a pimp and it would have been perfect.
Fri 04/11/05 at 03:38
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
I miss all out, balls to the wall, adult action / SF movies.

I don't want the terminator to be a bodyguard, I want it to be an almost unstoppable killing machine.

I don't want any movie in the Alien / Predator franchise or even stuff like Resident Evil to be a pg13.

We occasionally get flicks like Bad Bads 2 (for all it's faults, a violent and adult movie) but there isn't enough IMHO.

Roll on "Slither"
Fri 04/11/05 at 04:59
Regular
"8==="
Death Machine.

Classic.
Fri 04/11/05 at 12:09
Regular
I miss Blofeld. These days we have Jonathon Pryce as an evil evil news reader and his evil frameless glasses.
Fri 04/11/05 at 12:10
Regular
"8==="
At least they used him a fair bit. What a waste Carlyle (sp?) was.
Fri 04/11/05 at 12:16
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Films with a half decent script for me.
Fri 04/11/05 at 12:17
Regular
I liked Bean though. Running about trying to be upper-class while still sounding Yorkshire-angry and kicking people in the face. Good Bond villain.

The last one was awful though. Evil Korean with martial art skills - he could have fights with Bond. Cool. Nope, convert him to a smug Englishman in no time. Balls.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.