GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Saw 2"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 01/11/05 at 16:13
Regular
Just saw this, and it was surprisingly good. The acting was better than the first, and there was a rather nice twist ending.

EDIT: And it has another of the infamous low-budget car chases.
Tue 15/11/05 at 08:28
Regular
"Previously Vampyr"
very much so
Sun 13/11/05 at 11:56
Regular
"lets go back"
My summary would be this:

The first one was actually twisted and somewhat scary. I felt violated in the way horror films should violate your mind. I turned all of the lights on in the house "just to be sure". I had trouble getting to sleep because my mind was racing:- "What would I have done in that situation?"

The second film was watchable. Something to do on a Friday night. I got home and watched Johnathon Ross then went to bed, totaly unscathed.
Fri 11/11/05 at 11:39
Regular
"Previously Vampyr"
***--SPOILERS FOR SAW + SAW 2---***

***PROPERLY LOTS OF THEM TOO***

Saw was an immense peice of film. Admittedly, the acting in it was absolutely pants, but the jumps and scares were pant-wetting. Especially when we find that there actually is a man hiding in the daughter's cupboard. It's every kids nightmare, except true. And when you just see his eye.

Saw ws clever, the twist at the end where we find he was in the room the whole time clverly explained certain "electric shock" related holes *although some say that the Jigsaw could have been watching and he was testing to see if he was dead - but this shows they were wrong* - which is what gives it the cleverness.

Saw had lots of cleverness. One part of this is by confining the "game players" to just the one room, thus limiting their power over thier own survival.

Saw 2 in comparison is bad. bad bad bad. Sure the twist at the end is clever, where it turns out the girl is in the tub and sh'll carry out his work. The cleverer twist is that the whole thing wasnt live and that the kid was in the safe the whole time.

Here are some things i pondered on my way out of the cinema:

1) the woman being in on it was obvious from the moment Obi got ovened (coz she wasnt acting right) and became blindingly obvious when she didnt react at all to finding out that the kid was the arresting cop's son. Then when she "suddenly sees" that there is a trap door? i mean come on
2) Jigsaw is sittin in a lift, and yet the cops the whole time didnt see that? the po'lice are thick. thick like Paris Hilton
3) Clever techies could have worked out the live feed thing. but seemingly they werent clever.
4) I dont know if anyone else realised like me, but as soon as they went down the trapdoor stairs, and you see that corrridor, i knew it was going to the Saw 1 room. ( i may have noticed though coz i saw saw1 first the night before)
5) when the woman gets her hand stuck trying to get the syringe, she can see her hand is fudged and that the antidote has spilled everywhere, and yet she still puts her other hand in the other hole? i don't care how badly you are dying, thats just immensely stupid
6) people ask why the kid in the safe didnt hear what was going on and start banging - probably because he was drifting in and out of conciusness for the whole thing (2hrs-ish). Or more likely, the safe was soundproof
7) Woman in bathtub jumping out and needling the cop = scary
Woman in bathtub weating stupid pig mask needling the cop = much less scary, much more funny and stupid
8) that has got to be one of the cheapest ways to make a sequel ever. the first one did it cleverly "game over - *bam* door closes on Andy - end credits".... saw 2 "i will carry on jigsaw's work - credits". dear oh dear
9) im glad i was a student going on Orange Wednesday so it only cost me £2. This made it worth it, but had it been full price day, i would have felt violated
10) Yes the acting is better.

However, the acting may be better, but there is no "scarification". This is because its all just gore. uneeded too. remember in the first film, when that guy gets battered by Andy? near the end? it never showed actual batterage. And the Dc sawing off his foot. Not properly shown. This makes it more scary, as it is left to the viewers imagination.

Saw 2 shows pretty much all the gore. The face mask banging shut and the gallons of blood spilling from within. The basebll bat with nails is actually shown hitting the dude in the back of the head. The needles thing? oh dear lord that could have been done much better.

I would still recommend seeing it. Because although there is gore, people like gore. But dont go expecting to see the sort of horror/thriller you saw in the first film, go expecting to see a mindless gore fest with about 2 jumps. Although if you read this i guess you've already seen it/ dont want to, cause of the spoiler warnings.

Saw - 8/10........ Saw 2 4/10

***PROPERLY LOTS OF THEM TOO***

***--SPOILERS FOR SAW + SAW 2---***
Wed 09/11/05 at 20:05
Regular
"Cool!"
Tommorow I'll put make a topic about this movie and tell people all about it!!!

Saw2 has such a suprising ending...
Wed 09/11/05 at 19:10
Regular
"Cool!"
Hey. Is any of the characters in the first film in the second.
I've only seen SAW. Haven't seen SAW 2.
Wed 09/11/05 at 17:35
Regular
"pig"
jigsaw slots him dosen't he
Wed 09/11/05 at 08:37
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Geffdof wrote:
> Why wouldnt the police do this in the first film. Danny Glover finds
> Jigsaws lair and could have easily traced any signals from his
> wharehouse.

Because Glovers characer was working alone. He had been kicked off the force due to his obsession with Jigsaw, and wouldn't have the resources to trace a video signal (the tech behind with I'm already suspect about).
Wed 09/11/05 at 07:35
Regular
It might've been a two-parter :D
Tue 08/11/05 at 23:25
Regular
"lets go back"
I think what he meant was:
In number 2 the police use a tech team to trace the signal and find the house. They just have to wait for a while for them to turn up (it happens to be the wrong house wuth some new tv screens but they could trace the new signal to the correct house).
Why wouldnt the police do this in the first film. Danny Glover finds Jigsaws lair and could have easily traced any signals from his wharehouse.

Only problem with that is that they found his hideout BEFORE the people where in the room (in the first film). It was all shown as part of a flashback and Jigsaw escaped and, probably, moved hideouts rather quickly.

They should have got the guys from CSI (regular, Miami or NY) to process the crime scenes and within about 42 minutes Jigsaw would have been caught.
Tue 08/11/05 at 21:16
Regular
Dringo wrote:
> How the hell do the police not know where that house is? In the first
> film they could have traced the signal from the computers and saved
> the men from the first film. But in this one everything happens all
> over again.
>
> It is totally stupid.

I surmised that there were a number of similar looking houses in the neighbourhood or something.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.