GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"SONY VERSUS SEGA?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 09/06/01 at 15:09
Regular
The idea, the prospect of PS2 owners playing Dreamcast owners over the net, on a new online game could well become reality...but, aren't we forgetting something?

Initially it sounds impressive, irrespective of how good the actual game is, but the idea for now will remain an idea, and is unlikely to happen over here - expect this to be a USA and Japanese exclusive only, unless of course Sega get their European act together and start delivering the promises that were made not so long ago.

So the PS2 is the newest and freshest games machine at the moment, and very soon, possibly with months it's going to have a broadband modem that will slot nicely into the 'expansion bay', and will probably cost around £49.99, my guess anyway. So what's the problem (I hear something say)? The dreamcast has a modem and the PS2 is about to get one so wonb;t this just make perfect sense?

Well no. Not if Sega fail to realise the importance of bringing broadband to UK and fellow European Dreamcast owners. At present we have to slug around the world wide web using an enthusiastic, but ultimately mind numbingly slow 33.6k modem, so how would the game ever be fairly played unless we have equal connections?

I can't honestly see Sega releasing the broad band modem for the Dreamcast over here, they seem to have forgotten about us - no promised 4mb Memory unit, no online play in Daytona USA 2001 - I would've thought that forgetting Sega rally's online features, they might have remembered the Online part of Daytona! Still, it's a fantastic game.

Next complaint - where is DreamKey 2? We've got a mouse but we can only use it in Quake 3 Arena!? Come on Sega, sort it out! By the way, Q3A is superb online, but it's one of ;ess than 10 online Dreamcast games.

So what are they going to do about it? Will the HotSprings game be exactly the same on the PS2 as the Dreamcast - will the graphics differ in anyway? Will Sega implant special codes into the Dreamcast version, I doubt it, but the idea is good - it just needs sorting out.

Bringing the formats together is superb, and I'm sure the Dreamcast owners would win of course B?D!!
Anyway, it better be more addictive than ChuChu rocket, and should also make sure cheats do not prosper. Let's have some screens!!!!

Dan2K1
Sun 10/06/01 at 14:49
The GC isn't out yet, and won't have a modem!
Sun 10/06/01 at 13:29
Regular
"qwertyuiop!!"
How Slow the GC has a 56K!
Sun 10/06/01 at 12:18
Sun 10/06/01 at 11:58
So how fast is the Dreamcast modem, is it 28 or 33Kb???
Sun 10/06/01 at 11:52
Regular
"Hoo Har"
I cant wait for NBA 2K2, it will be great
Sun 10/06/01 at 11:48
Yes they have, but they're clawing back into the market, and just you wait for NBA2K2. Oh yes.
Sun 10/06/01 at 11:37
Regular
"qwertyuiop!!"
Big time cos they av lost loads!
Sun 10/06/01 at 11:35
Sega need the money!
Sun 10/06/01 at 00:05
Regular
"qwertyuiop!!"
The DC has some class games and they are sharing them with every person who owns a decent console!
Sat 09/06/01 at 23:09
who would of guessed this little situation a year ago.DC owners battling against ps2 owners......what is the world comming to

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.