GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"another damn problem"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 30/10/05 at 01:19
Regular
"you've got a beard"
(if anyone has ANY ideas about this then i'll be eternally grateful)

ok, some random glitch has affected one of my drives and now some of the folders are showing the "no filetype recognized" icon and basically it's not a folder anymore. obviously this means that there's a load of files i can't get to and so far my attempts at recovery have failed.

so if anyone knows ANY little tool or anything that can detect and rebuild folders/architecture then please shout out, some of the files that are now either not there/lost forever were sadly pretty important :(

edit: the drive info shows hardly any space being used, so sadly it looks more likely that they're simply deleted rather than "glitched into unavailability" :(
Mon 31/10/05 at 02:09
Regular
"you've got a beard"
thy are indeed gone.
it looks like just being a massive piece of random bad luck, but apparantly i`d managed to get nailed by a virus or somethig that rewrote my partition table. a friend of mine helped me get back most of my work. it`s a bit of a mess but at least it`s not gone forever.

i`ve reinstalled everything now (and the first thing i installed was Star Wars battlefront, which previously had a software conflict and crashed on the last level, so i thought i`d finish it while the system was clean :D
... it wasn`t worth it :( ) and am making sure this time to get as much virus protection as i can, i could do without the heart failure.
Sun 30/10/05 at 11:30
Regular
"Bicycle"
What happened to the drive?

Sounds like they're gone.
Sun 30/10/05 at 01:19
Regular
"you've got a beard"
(if anyone has ANY ideas about this then i'll be eternally grateful)

ok, some random glitch has affected one of my drives and now some of the folders are showing the "no filetype recognized" icon and basically it's not a folder anymore. obviously this means that there's a load of files i can't get to and so far my attempts at recovery have failed.

so if anyone knows ANY little tool or anything that can detect and rebuild folders/architecture then please shout out, some of the files that are now either not there/lost forever were sadly pretty important :(

edit: the drive info shows hardly any space being used, so sadly it looks more likely that they're simply deleted rather than "glitched into unavailability" :(

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.