GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Parents & Computers!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 09/06/01 at 12:34
Regular
Are you familar with often hearing, "Get off that computer, you've been on it to much!" or how about "Your banned from the PC, and everything else to do with gaming!!!"

These few words are spoken quite a lot round my house, (mainly towarded to me I might add.)
You see iI dont know why this is but Parents seem to hate computers. Especially when there son or daughter are on it.

I dont know if its a thing when you past the age of 30 or if are Mums and Dads don't understand the world of the internet. And think that if we spend to much time on it we'll loose all are friends, become unsociable, AND THE WORLD WILL END!!!!! (well maybe the last thing was highly exagerated, but I often think that. :) )

It is a commen fact that children involed with computer games as a child grow up to get a good job and be succesful (hope tihs is true)!

But I just wish that my parents would think as the same as me, then the world will be a happier place with less disagreements, (well that might just be in my house)

:)

Spider
Sat 09/06/01 at 12:34
Regular
"Hoo Har"
Are you familar with often hearing, "Get off that computer, you've been on it to much!" or how about "Your banned from the PC, and everything else to do with gaming!!!"

These few words are spoken quite a lot round my house, (mainly towarded to me I might add.)
You see iI dont know why this is but Parents seem to hate computers. Especially when there son or daughter are on it.

I dont know if its a thing when you past the age of 30 or if are Mums and Dads don't understand the world of the internet. And think that if we spend to much time on it we'll loose all are friends, become unsociable, AND THE WORLD WILL END!!!!! (well maybe the last thing was highly exagerated, but I often think that. :) )

It is a commen fact that children involed with computer games as a child grow up to get a good job and be succesful (hope tihs is true)!

But I just wish that my parents would think as the same as me, then the world will be a happier place with less disagreements, (well that might just be in my house)

Spider
Sat 09/06/01 at 12:37
Regular
"[SE] Acetrooper"
Hmmm, I really don't have to worry about that much in my house, my mum ain't that bothered. I'd just call you unlucky I suppose. Bunch o' idiots aren't they: parents?
Sat 09/06/01 at 12:38
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Damn right! I spen most of my time doing websites, and I hope to follow a career in it!

Anyway, last post for a while as I have to go now. See you all!
Sat 09/06/01 at 12:39
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
My mum likes our computer, she is always pushing me off of it so that she can play freecell, she is addicted.
Sat 09/06/01 at 12:40
Regular
"Hoo Har"
When I become a multi millionare with a Console factory with many succesful games, I'll prove my parents wrong...

... MWA HAAA HA HA HA HA HA HA
(evil laugh)

Sat 09/06/01 at 12:41
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Spider II wrote:
> When I become a multi millionare with a Console factory with many
> succesful games, I'll prove my parents wrong...

... MWA HAAA HA
> HA HA HA HA HA
(evil laugh)

Good luck, i think you will need it :)
Sat 09/06/01 at 12:44
Regular
"[SE] Acetrooper"
So, Spider my man, what ya think of the site eh? Lush ain't it?
Sat 09/06/01 at 12:44
Regular
"Hoo Har"
I will have my revenge, I will
Sat 09/06/01 at 12:47
Regular
"Hoo Har"
Shocktrooper wrote:
> So, Spider my man, what ya think of the site eh? Lush ain't it?

What do you mean??? Do you mean SR
Sun 10/06/01 at 11:41
Regular
The old parents V computers battle, eh? What you have to remember is that parents grew up without computers, they managed without them, and, understandably, don't see why their children should want to use them.

Parents generally see only the bad side (i.e. you won't get enough exercise, and become unsociable), and children only see the good side (they're fun, I can chat to people on the net)

Of course, there has to be a happy balance. I am a 14 year-old boy, and often play on my PC/PSX/GBC. However, I also realise that there are other things in life. While it is very easy to sit in front of a computer all day, other things will give you much more satisfaction in the long run.

While you may think your parents are only out to get you, they do (generally), have your best interests at heart. They don't see that gaming can be advantagous.

There is certainly nothing wrong with playing games in moderation - provided it is in moderation.

Guidelines suggest that you take a 15 minute break in each hour of playing games, and while children may think this is a little over the top (it probably is), sitting at a computer for hours at a time will not do you any good!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.