GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"SSC 35 - The Loyalties of Camping"

The "Creative Writing" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 29/10/05 at 17:00
Regular
"In Soviet Russia..."
It was a dark night. The stars above shone like a cat eyes, faced with the oncoming glow of a truck. Below, in a clearing in the centre of the woods, sat a campfire, burning like tyre friction. A boy, about the age of fourteen, threw a log onto the fire.

"Where is he?" he sighed aloud, standing up and gazing into the darkness. He and his friend had travelled out into the middle of the woods, for a fun weekend of camping, in the middle of nowhere, surrounded by miles and miles of dense forest. About two hours ago, his friend Nick had gone off in search of firewood, and had not yet returned.

It was cold. Moving closer to the fire, he took a swig of water from his bottle, and put it on the ground. Somewhere, there was a howl. The boy shivered. He hated being alone, and started to worry about his friend. After a further five minutes of waiting in misery, he stood up, picked up the torch, and set off into the dark woods, alone, in search of his friend.

"HELLO?" he yelled, slowly walking down the muddy trek. The woods were almost pitch black - if not for the stars, or his torch, it would have been pitch black. Suddenly, there was a rustle in the bushes. The boy dropped his torch in suprise, fumbled to pick it up, and shone it at the bush. A small animal ran out and across the path. It was just a squirrel.

"Stupid squirrel..." he sighed, turning and walking straight into a tree. He dropped the torch, which bounced and rolled towards a rabbit hole. Seemingly in slow motion, the boy dived for it, and managed to grasp the end with two fingers.

"Phew..."

A look of relief crossed his face. Suddenly, there was a buzzing noise. In shock, the boy fumbled with the torch, and the battery came out of the end, and fell into the depths of the hole, probably providing power for a rabbit radio, or something. A shadowy figure stood above the boy.

"It's time to meet your maker, Bob!" an evil laugh boomed. The boy closed his eyes, as the stranger held out a shiny metal object, which was buzzing. He swooped, and Bob fainted.

He woke up about eight in the morning, eyebrows missing. The moral of the story? Don't take your eyebrows camping with you.
Mon 14/11/05 at 19:06
Regular
"Laughingstock"
So how am I to judge this? Pushing aside any Crossbob innuendo, it is average at best (the two similes at the beginning a sign of the impending mediocrity). Saying anything else would see me taking seriously something which isn't supposed to be taken seriously (I presume).
Fri 04/11/05 at 19:53
Regular
"Catch it!"
My names Luke. No one calls me Bob. Also I have eyebrows you have not seen me in new pictures recently.
Thu 03/11/05 at 20:56
Regular
"You have a choice"
The phrase "LOL" is thrown around alot these days....

XD
Sun 30/10/05 at 14:21
Regular
"Cool!"
That was good.
Sat 29/10/05 at 19:09
Regular
Oh dear.

=D
Sat 29/10/05 at 17:00
Regular
"In Soviet Russia..."
It was a dark night. The stars above shone like a cat eyes, faced with the oncoming glow of a truck. Below, in a clearing in the centre of the woods, sat a campfire, burning like tyre friction. A boy, about the age of fourteen, threw a log onto the fire.

"Where is he?" he sighed aloud, standing up and gazing into the darkness. He and his friend had travelled out into the middle of the woods, for a fun weekend of camping, in the middle of nowhere, surrounded by miles and miles of dense forest. About two hours ago, his friend Nick had gone off in search of firewood, and had not yet returned.

It was cold. Moving closer to the fire, he took a swig of water from his bottle, and put it on the ground. Somewhere, there was a howl. The boy shivered. He hated being alone, and started to worry about his friend. After a further five minutes of waiting in misery, he stood up, picked up the torch, and set off into the dark woods, alone, in search of his friend.

"HELLO?" he yelled, slowly walking down the muddy trek. The woods were almost pitch black - if not for the stars, or his torch, it would have been pitch black. Suddenly, there was a rustle in the bushes. The boy dropped his torch in suprise, fumbled to pick it up, and shone it at the bush. A small animal ran out and across the path. It was just a squirrel.

"Stupid squirrel..." he sighed, turning and walking straight into a tree. He dropped the torch, which bounced and rolled towards a rabbit hole. Seemingly in slow motion, the boy dived for it, and managed to grasp the end with two fingers.

"Phew..."

A look of relief crossed his face. Suddenly, there was a buzzing noise. In shock, the boy fumbled with the torch, and the battery came out of the end, and fell into the depths of the hole, probably providing power for a rabbit radio, or something. A shadowy figure stood above the boy.

"It's time to meet your maker, Bob!" an evil laugh boomed. The boy closed his eyes, as the stranger held out a shiny metal object, which was buzzing. He swooped, and Bob fainted.

He woke up about eight in the morning, eyebrows missing. The moral of the story? Don't take your eyebrows camping with you.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.