GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"OK, So, My Gamecube Is Broked"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 02/10/04 at 18:40
Regular
It's official, but surely I have some warranty, or at least a customer support number to call?
Anyone?
Sat 02/10/04 at 18:40
Regular
It's official, but surely I have some warranty, or at least a customer support number to call?
Anyone?
Sat 02/10/04 at 19:40
Regular
"thursdayton!"
How old is the Cube?
Sat 02/10/04 at 19:44
Regular
How did you break it exactly?
Sat 02/10/04 at 20:02
Regular
"Homemade Cherry Pie"
In the service manual/booklet you got with the gamecube should have a number to call.
If all else fails, sell it to a chav. They'll never know.
Sat 02/10/04 at 20:03
Regular
It's just over 25 months old and I don't know, it just won't work anymore.
I know that the warranty is out of date, but surely they'll fix it for money, it'll be cheaper than buying a new one.

It never bothered me too much because games only crashed at random times, and I could play bits again, but the fact that I can't continue in Skies because of it, and Madden is crashing far too much (although just about every one of my games crashes, they're the worst offenders, and I keep my disks in good nick) has enlightened me to the fact that it must be fixed.
Sat 02/10/04 at 20:05
Regular
satans little helper wrote:
> In the service manual/booklet you got with the gamecube should have a
> number to call.

Unfortunately, I appear to have binned it, and it doesn't give you a number with any of the games (that I'm aware of).

And they will know, eventually, and they'll stab me.
Sat 02/10/04 at 20:11
Regular
"Homemade Cherry Pie"
munn wrote:
> And they will know, eventually, and they'll stab me.

umm yeah good point. Well just go to an old peoples home and sell it to them. Tell them it'll make them look 'Hip' in front of their nephew who hates them.
Sat 02/10/04 at 20:13
Regular
NO it won't.
It's a kiddies console mind.
Sun 03/10/04 at 11:26
Regular
"...y'crazy fool!"
satans little helper wrote:
> munn wrote:
> And they will know, eventually, and they'll stab me.
>
> umm yeah good point. Well just go to an old peoples home and sell it
> to them. Tell them it'll make them look 'Hip' in front of their
> nephew who hates them.

...the answer is, "Boot Sale"! The amount of dodgy consoles floating around at my local one is not funny - people will be silly enough to buy them and of course with a boot sale its not like you can track them down once you plug it in and find out some benny has sold you a duffer =(

(happened to me once with an Amiga 500 - I was fuming, and unfortunately they weren't back there the next week when I went to lay the smackdown on them =P)
Sun 03/10/04 at 13:34
Regular
Why would you do that to someone?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.