GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Akira or Metropolis?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 25/10/05 at 09:15
Regular
Which one of these should I buy? I love anime and need more of the classic movies (I can only afford one). No spoilers please. Any other suggestions on what I should get? No Ghibli films please, seen most of them.
Tue 25/10/05 at 17:14
Regular
It says the running time is 310 minutes. It probably does include the special features. It's only £8 aswell, for the ultimate collection edition.
Tue 25/10/05 at 17:08
Regular
"8==="
I didn't say that.

I was merely pointing out how they somtimes combine the bonus footage/extras time into the total running time so as to make the DVD seem as impressive as possible for the amount you're paying.
Tue 25/10/05 at 17:03
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Hedfix wrote:
> Maybe the total running time on the DVD includes the running time of
> the bonus material.

But you don't necessarily have to watch the whole lot in one sitting.
Tue 25/10/05 at 17:01
Regular
"8==="
Maybe the total running time on the DVD includes the running time of the bonus material.
Tue 25/10/05 at 17:00
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Herr Dark Wolf wrote:
> Akira it is then. It's ridiciously long though. Oh well :D

??? Two hours 4 minutes?
Tue 25/10/05 at 16:56
Regular
Akira it is then. It's ridiciously long though. Oh well :D
Tue 25/10/05 at 13:32
Regular
"Wants Spymate on dv"
Funnily enough I just read that Metropolis is on channel 4 this saturday (pretty late though so you'll need to record it).
Tue 25/10/05 at 10:58
Regular
"Captain to you."
I'm sure if you shopped around, mabe ebay you'd get them both for a reasonable price.

Metropolis is really good and well worth getting at some point, akira i watched to death.
Tue 25/10/05 at 10:43
Regular
"Balls"
Both produced by the same director, however Akira is considered his greatest work. I have only seen Akira, so my judgment is biased.

Another point is that Akira is twice as long as Metropolis so you get more anime for your money ;)

But after reading the review for Metropolis I'm thinking about going out and buying it.

[URL]http://reviews.theotaku.com/view.php?action=retrieve&id=16[/URL] Metropolis review

[URL]http://reviews.theotaku.com/view.php?action=retrieve&id=7[/URL] Akira review

Akira first then once you have the cash go for Metropolis in my view.
Tue 25/10/05 at 09:15
Regular
Which one of these should I buy? I love anime and need more of the classic movies (I can only afford one). No spoilers please. Any other suggestions on what I should get? No Ghibli films please, seen most of them.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.