GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"DVD ROM issue"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 23/10/05 at 11:10
Regular
"tinycurve.gif"
Ok, got GTA SA for my birthday. When in my DVD ROM drive, it is not recognised. Every other DVD or CD that I put in it works fine. It's just this one disc. However, it runs on my bro's drive.

Any ideas please?
Thu 27/10/05 at 16:57
Regular
"tinycurve.gif"
I think I might have to. When I look at the disc to check for smudges and specks, it's completely clean. However, I can see the circle where the disc has been written to, which you don't usually get with professionally burnt discs I think, as far as I've noticed, which leads me to think it isn't legit and that's why. Also, the edge of where the burning finished is normally near enough a perfect circle, where on this disc there are "dents" in the circle. ie. it's wavy.

Apart from that it seems perfectly okay except for it not running on mine.
Thu 27/10/05 at 01:39
Regular
"with a blunt knife"
Hmm, works on your bro's drive. Does sound like some sort of fluke incompatability. Try emailing Rockstar tech support. It's worth a try.
Wed 26/10/05 at 21:19
"High polygon count"
It could be that there's a minor manufacturing defect with the disc that's stopping your drive from reading it correctly. Some drives are far more picky over that sort of thing than others.

Or I suppose it's not entirely out of the question that there could be some issue between your drive and the copy protection system used on the disc.
Wed 26/10/05 at 20:43
Regular
"tinycurve.gif"
bump.

Sorry, I hate bumping topics, but I'm still having problems.
Sun 23/10/05 at 15:34
Regular
"tinycurve.gif"
There doesn't appear to be an update for this particular model.

Model is TEAC DV-516E

[URL]http://www.teac.co.jp/dspd/download/download.html[/URL]
Sun 23/10/05 at 12:21
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
Try updating the drive firmware?
Sun 23/10/05 at 11:10
Regular
"tinycurve.gif"
Ok, got GTA SA for my birthday. When in my DVD ROM drive, it is not recognised. Every other DVD or CD that I put in it works fine. It's just this one disc. However, it runs on my bro's drive.

Any ideas please?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.