GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Jimmy Chamberlin Complex"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 23/10/05 at 10:31
Regular
Yay, rediscovered this recently.

Absolutely fantastic, I recommend it to all you scum. It's jazz, but without being completely jazz. I like jazz, but I like jazz-rock even more, which is exactly what this is. And the drumming, fantasmic.

I certainly wouldn't be disappointed if when the Pumpkins finally get off their ar**s (can you say that on here yet? I forget) they end up with songs like Loki Cat and DIA. Oh yeah, and Billy Corgan's solo is excellent too.

Get it or something.
Tue 25/10/05 at 21:51
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Most of Machina II (Dross, Vanity, Soul Power, Go, SPEED KILLS = AMAZING, Let me give the world to you, Cash Car, Glass Theme, Home, In My Body, Innosense, Slow Dawn, Lucky 13, a few others) are absoloutely superb, really good stuff that could of gone on any normal album except MCIS and SD.

Oh yeah, White Spyder too, classic Pumpkins.

Yeah, they did change - but Billy was growing up, he couldn't stay angry teen scream angst all the time.

Anyway, they may be back....
Tue 25/10/05 at 21:40
Regular
"Divine Davine"
I gotta listen to it sometime :D

Back to Machina, was part 2 actually any good? They promised that they would rock hard for Machina but it actually reeks of pop - 'I Of The Mourning' is a huge example of this ('radio, radio, play my song') - the song is pretty good but it just didn't have that edge they once had.

Another thing I noticed is how his voice started to change - back in the older days, Billy would scream and wail in pain, but the latter 2 albums lacked that urgency, and he sounded a bit more piercing through the speakers which can sound a bit crap. Lyrically he changed drastically, writing more obscure, poetic songs which seem a bit hard to relate to - intelligent though, but I missed his old style :(

As much as I don't like him, he is still my inspiration and idol, and elements of his style is sometimes found in my work. It's such a shame for what happened to them.

*sob*
Tue 25/10/05 at 16:51
Regular
+ Speed Kills acoustic is one of my favourite SP tracks evar.
Tue 25/10/05 at 16:50
Regular
I love Machina. Even Mercury Tree and HMM. Dross, Glass, Crash Car Star and others from II are great also.

But I prefer JCC and TFE.
Tue 25/10/05 at 16:20
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Yeah, the album has flaws (ego/Blue Skies/etc) but it also has some absoloute stunners - i.e, the first 6 tracks, Glass and the... Wound, With Every Light, Age of... etc. Machina II is similar - a double, creme de la creme album of those two would be utterly genius.

I've got acoustic versions of Blue Skies and the Crying Tree.. etc - really really good songs, just the stlye they did them in was rather crap.
Tue 25/10/05 at 16:02
Regular
"Divine Davine"
I'm listening to Machina right now, and it's a bit weird. The story is a bit strange - Billy Corgan doesn't know if he is a God or wants to join him, and shows how much of an egotistical ponce he is sometimes. Still, the album has its highlights, but Heavy Metal Machine has GOT to be the worst song they have EVER done. Absolutely awful.

He thought that Gish and Machina were 'perfect'. I think you may find Siamese Dream and Mellon Collie are far better, matey.
Tue 25/10/05 at 15:35
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Machina > all the albums mentioned here.
Tue 25/10/05 at 11:28
Regular
About time too. I think I might actualluy prefer TFE and JCC to Machine and Gish. Me loves them.
Mon 24/10/05 at 20:48
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Got the album actually. Not to shabby.
Sun 23/10/05 at 14:32
Regular
Walking Shade is the worst on the album. Other than that and a couple of others, it's class.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.