GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Video streaming, through Proxy."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 22/10/05 at 12:45
Regular
"the burning sky"
Right, this stupid Uni network allows me to stream audio such as digital radio, but prevents me from streaming video. I assume this is because of ports needed or something. I'm using WMP and was wondering if anyone knows of any little tricks to change it so everything comes through another port? Or if someone can recommend a different player that does things differently. Any advice is really appreciated...
Sat 22/10/05 at 12:45
Regular
"the burning sky"
Right, this stupid Uni network allows me to stream audio such as digital radio, but prevents me from streaming video. I assume this is because of ports needed or something. I'm using WMP and was wondering if anyone knows of any little tricks to change it so everything comes through another port? Or if someone can recommend a different player that does things differently. Any advice is really appreciated...
Sun 23/10/05 at 12:04
Regular
"the burning sky"
How strange, I got RealPlayer to do it. Problem is the thing I want to watch doesnt always broadcast to RP. Surely if RP can do it WMP should be able to? I want it working in WMP cus its always broadcast to WMP... more fiddling will ensue!
Sun 23/10/05 at 12:20
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
Why don't you try using another program to handle streaming video?

Windows Media Player Classic is a good choice- it's a standalone player, and I use it all the time. VLC is also a good choice. Perhaps that operate via different ports?
Sun 23/10/05 at 12:36
Regular
"the burning sky"
Ok here's the thing, the videos are streamed in a number of formats, WMP, Realplayer and Winamp. Tho normally only in WMP format, which is mms://. Whenever I try to run it on realplayer it opens in WMP anyway. I have tried loading the WMP stream into other players, and it either crashes them, fails to do anything or reverts to WMP. Hence the reason I want to get WMP working. Hope that makes sense...

Edit: I already had the two you suggested, but they dont seem to have any options to change internet options - so they just fail to load the files...
Sun 23/10/05 at 13:27
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
Right, I see what you mean.

If you haven't already, in WMP, try: Tools > Options > Network and select the "Use ports" box. Then enter ports that you think/know are unblocked, and see what happens.
Sun 23/10/05 at 14:22
Regular
"the burning sky"
Tried that, made me use ports 8080 to 8087, of which only 8080 is unlocked, hence didnt work...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.