GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What comes up must come down!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 08/06/01 at 20:13
Regular
There has been a big speculation over the Sony prices for both the PS2 and their first console the PSone.

But if you are thinking of buying the PSone, to maybe replace your old PSX or maybe you want one and you dont own one, then about now would be good since the prices have dropped down now to around 50-55 pounds.

This could be because of upcoming new consoles from Nintendo and Microsoft that Sony want to shift as many Consoles as possible to make some money before everyone starts buying:

GameBoy Advance

GameCube

XBOX.

Or because of the Dreamcast price drop!

The £30 drop of the PS2 has been said to stay at that for the rest of the year and wont come down until maybe 2002!

The PSone drops a lot and the PS2 drops a little but still what comes up must eventually come down.

What do you think could this help Sony before the release of Nintendo's and Microsofts new console(s), or have they released their next-gen console far to early and will die out just as the Dreamcast did.
Thu 14/06/01 at 07:11
Regular
"qwertyuiop!!"
Nope!

AND...

Nope!
Tue 12/06/01 at 21:50
Regular
yeah but you have to dra the line at some point. What is he max you would ever pay for a game or a console? would anyone ever pay £100 for a game. What about if the PS2 was £500. would it still sell?
Tue 12/06/01 at 15:17
Regular
"qwertyuiop!!"
Yeah although a lot of people wouldn't really care what price if they really wanted one
Sun 10/06/01 at 23:34
Regular
reason PS done better than N64 was becasue it was cheaper and had more games. But the PS2 is nearly twice the price of the gamecube and it seems that the gamecube will have stacks and stacks of games released for it.
Sun 10/06/01 at 23:26
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
I think sony may have made the right decision in releasing the PS2 earlier than the other next generation consoles. Think about it.

Once people see how great the graphics and playability of the games are they will want to buy one. This means by the time the others are released most people will already have a PS2 and no doubt be happy with it. Also how many people are going to be able to afford another console with the price of games and hardware? Sony have set the standards and its up to the others to beat these!

Ok, so maybee the others when they are released will be more powerful but the N64 was more powerful than the PS and it didn't seem to be any better, in my opinion the PS was actualy better. Looks like sony have done it again and should stay at the top of the console charts. well done sony.
Sun 10/06/01 at 23:13
It may have been a mistake to release the PS2 a year before the Xbox and GC, as it could suffer the same fate as the DC. But I don't think it will.

By the time the Xbox and GC are released, the PS2 will have an extensive catalogue of brilliant games, and the games will be getting better because the developers will have gotten used to the PS2 hardware. And also Sony will most likely drop the price of the PS2 again around the release of the two consoles.

Sony know what they're doing (at least I hope they do).
Sun 10/06/01 at 23:04
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
New Jimmy wrote:
> I think that if the price of the PS2 doesnt go down then perhaps
> Sony will create special PS2 bundle packs with 2 pads, a memory card
> and perhaps MetalGearSolid 2.

Damnit! Stop with the JoinedUpGameTitles!
Sun 10/06/01 at 22:28
I think that if the price of the PS2 doesnt go down then perhaps Sony will create special PS2 bundle packs with 2 pads, a memory card and perhaps MetalGearSolid 2.
Sun 10/06/01 at 13:08
Regular
"qwertyuiop!!"
The price isnt going to go down any mroe at all this year but maybe in 2002!
Sun 10/06/01 at 12:37
The bigger the userbase, the more third party companies that are willing to develop killer games for your console. I expect Sony to drop the price in November in the US, and maybe a week or to later in the UK. This will have to be done to fight off the competition.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.