GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Cant wait..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas'.
Tue 05/10/04 at 18:19
Regular
"Stridman in disguis"
...for GTA SA, it's gonna be so much fun. I know theres alot of you that are saying it's gonna be crap, too big etc but I really think i'll still love it as much as the other two.

I love the sound of this robbery feature, apparently you'll be able to walk in Houses, and rob them. Ha!

Also, when I was looking for more info on te game I stumbled upon these two sites :

[URL]http://www.cluckinbellhappychicken.com/[/URL]

[URL]http://www.fearitdoit.com/[/URL]

These are two Teaser sites that Rockstar gave to a website, the Cluckinbellhappychicken site looks like it could be a Fast Food Resturaunt and the other site looks like it could be a Radio Station.

I dont really know if these sites are old or new, all I know is that this was the site that they were given to and heres the link :

[URL]http://saworld.gtagaming.com/[/URL]

I think this game is gonna be so good and is most definately my most anticipated game of te year. When I get GTA SA I wont give a damn about any other games for months to come.

Is anyone ese getting it? If so, what feature do youy like the sound of?
Tue 05/10/04 at 18:19
Regular
"Stridman in disguis"
...for GTA SA, it's gonna be so much fun. I know theres alot of you that are saying it's gonna be crap, too big etc but I really think i'll still love it as much as the other two.

I love the sound of this robbery feature, apparently you'll be able to walk in Houses, and rob them. Ha!

Also, when I was looking for more info on te game I stumbled upon these two sites :

[URL]http://www.cluckinbellhappychicken.com/[/URL]

[URL]http://www.fearitdoit.com/[/URL]

These are two Teaser sites that Rockstar gave to a website, the Cluckinbellhappychicken site looks like it could be a Fast Food Resturaunt and the other site looks like it could be a Radio Station.

I dont really know if these sites are old or new, all I know is that this was the site that they were given to and heres the link :

[URL]http://saworld.gtagaming.com/[/URL]

I think this game is gonna be so good and is most definately my most anticipated game of te year. When I get GTA SA I wont give a damn about any other games for months to come.

Is anyone ese getting it? If so, what feature do youy like the sound of?
Tue 05/10/04 at 18:27
Regular
"Bicycle"
Yeah.. Already pre-ordered it.

Should be good!

A bit worried abut some of the features though.

Simplicity is best.
Tue 05/10/04 at 18:32
"period drama"
And how do you see that robbery feature actually working in the game?

What? You walk into someone's house and pick up a floating icon of money? Ohno, perhaps they try to stop you. So .... they die.
Or what? You climb THROUGH A WINDOW! omg! And hand-pick items to take away, then sell the at a car-boot sale.

WOOOO! fun.
Tue 05/10/04 at 18:38
Regular
"Stridman in disguis"
It's just a nice little feature, FFF. All of these features aren't going to ruin the game, they're just things you can do to keep you busy once you've finished the Main objects of the game (the missions).

People like you take games seriously, GTA is just a fun game that I enjoy because it's different to most games and allows you to do loads more.

I dont like games like DOA because you just fight loadsa people, only get to move around a little bit and thats it.

Once you've completed the main object of the game it's finished, why would you wat to carry on fighting the same people. It's boring IMO.
Tue 05/10/04 at 18:42
Regular
"8==="
FinalFantasyFanatic wrote:
> And how do you see that robbery feature actually working in the game?
>
>
> What? You walk into someone's house and pick up a floating icon of
> money? Ohno, perhaps they try to stop you. So .... they die.
> Or what? You climb THROUGH A WINDOW! omg! And hand-pick items to take
> away, then sell the at a car-boot sale.
>
> WOOOO! fun.

Works in Thief 3, although obviously SA isn't that sort of game and won't reach that level of quality anyway. :)
Tue 05/10/04 at 20:08
"period drama"
Hoops wrote:
> People like you take games seriously, GTA is just a fun game that I
> enjoy because it's different to most games and allows you to do loads
> more.

Ohnono, I never take games seriously. I want everything to be fun - the stamina-running thing in the other GTAs annoyed me because it took some of the fun away from the game.

The same with most of these new ideas - eating isn't fun, nor is going to the gym. And you know they'll end up as tedious chores in the final game, that take away from the major aspect of GTA.

And all this countryside to drive through isn't fun. I'm a bit happier about this now, knowing that there's actually villages and stuff, not just miles and miles of featureless wasteland to waste your time in. But still, I think that travelling over such a large area will soon get tedious - and I cringe to think what it's going to do the poor PS2.

And I heard the phrase 'work to jack' the other day, presumably meaning you'll have to bash some buttons or something equally dull just to steal a car.

Do you see what I mean? I think all these 'new ideas' have each taken a little bit away from the core, fun, GTA gameplay.
I just can't see how burglarly could be implamented in such a way as to make it a worthwhile and fun thing to do.

We'll see I suppose.
Tue 05/10/04 at 20:14
Regular
"8==="
Meaningless complication in simple games kills them.
Tue 05/10/04 at 20:18
Regular
"Stridman in disguis"
At least they're changing the game a bit, wouldn't you get bored of the same features in every GTA?
Tue 05/10/04 at 20:21
Regular
"8==="
Still haven't got around to playing Vice City even though I've had it for about 6 months so can't comment.
Tue 05/10/04 at 20:24
"period drama"
Well, eventually, yeah - as with every game But I'd rather that than they try to beat some new features in that just don't fit in with what GTA stands for.

I'd rather they gave us a decent frame rate, and loaded the people and cars on from further away so you could actually snipe stuff. Which probably wouldn't get them too much praise, but it'd make a better game.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.