GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I Played Donkey Konga - Preview"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Donkey Konga'.
Tue 05/10/04 at 21:21
Regular
"Ghosts Can't Die!"
Went down to my local store to find a demo of Donkey Konga up and running and I must say this is much better than I expected.

Firstly the drums are great quality and showed no signs of falling apart even after a bashing by a small child playing before me. They aren't too big nor too small and feel nice and comfortable. The beats on the skins record fine, however the microphone didn't always record my claps, but I'm assuming that's because it was loud in the store and it couldn't quite hear them.

The graphics don't really matter at all and you won't notice that there's nothing special here at all.

The music is great, but only a few were up for play and only two difficulties too. All the small things fitted surprisingly well and I can't wait to try out more songs.

Those of you who are worried about the difficulty being too easy by the way, need not worry as on the second difficulty setting I was having a lot of trouble keeping up with the commands.

Basically Donkey Konga is extrememly fun and not even touching the multiplayer yet, I can tell you this looks great.
Sat 09/10/04 at 22:39
Regular
Yeah but I'm putting money on a strong man looks after his stuff a little more carefully than the destructive kid who would have been beating the thing.

Also you don't tend to see muscular men banging the bongo drums violently in game stores across the country.
Sat 09/10/04 at 19:29
Regular
Ghost Killer wrote:
> Firstly the drums are great quality and showed no signs of falling
> apart even after a bashing by a small child playing before me.

Wouldn't they be more likely to fall apart if a big muscly man battered them rather tahn a small weak child?

Err.
Sat 09/10/04 at 19:08
Regular
gotta catch em all wrote:
> hi
> can u please tell me some of the songs that are on there bcoz i dont
> just want to buy something with little kiddy songs so please can u
> tell me some of the songs that are on there thanks

NINTENDO games are ALL ABOUT FUN for all ages, it would be silly if they put only kiddy songs cos they are aiming this game towards everybody and for parties like with Dance Dance Revolution except this looks like more fun to me.
Sat 09/10/04 at 18:33
Regular
tphi wrote:
> Dringo wrote:
> All the small things is on it.
>
> Suits him I bet.

easy.
Thu 07/10/04 at 20:43
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Dringo wrote:
> All the small things is on it.

Suits him I bet.
Thu 07/10/04 at 20:31
Regular
"And some more !"
that has just made me buy it thnx so so much i am going to love this
Thu 07/10/04 at 19:46
Regular
All the small things is on it.
Thu 07/10/04 at 19:06
Regular
"And some more !"
hi
can u please tell me some of the songs that are on there bcoz i dont just want to buy something with little kiddy songs so please can u tell me some of the songs that are on there thanks
Wed 06/10/04 at 22:17
Regular
Can't come soon enough.

Although the wonder that is Pikmin 2 will keep me entertained for a while at least.

What... A... Game.
Wed 06/10/04 at 18:02
Regular
"thursdayton!"
I loved the squishyness of the top of the drums. Very easy on the fingertips.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.