GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Other Future!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 08/06/01 at 16:05
Regular
Well as the title reads I am going to give some different scenarios for the 'fututre of gaming' that I don't think anybody has mentioned because well... they are a tad insane.

We have been talking for seconds, minutes, hours, days, weeks, months, seasons, years and decades about the positive future of gaming and so far it has been that well now I am going to mention some things that will leave gamers lying on the floor in a fit of fear and doubt about their favourite past time :)

So here we go (Sheepy scans brain for negative future)

Ah ha, the first one in my head. The Third World War. Now if this were to happen which it could very well could as the world is unstable. The Future of gaming would be out the window. (To see this effect throw your Playstation out the window). First of all there would be nothing in production, no new consoles, no new games as everyone would be at war. All technology would be used to think of new ways of destroying the enemy in reality and not in a game. All the work force would be out fighting in the war as well. Anything that had been just finished being produced would never reach you as there would be little trade and the trade that would be happening would not be used for gaming. So you just better pray that there won't be a war or you and you gaming would be dead.

On a more humorous note. The opposite sex. As we already know most of the female gender don't appreciate gaming and at times mock as for our love of it. (How dare they I hear you shout). So how can they affect gaming? Well already more female members are gaining power in high jobs. They could deciede gaming was ot a major concern of their company and cut costs for research and production of work on gaming and spent the research on make-up and the usual womananly stuff :D Also all of you teenage gamers as myself, the future of girl-friends and wifes will heavily decrease your gaming time and money spent on games (NO NEVER! I hear, well I am afraid it WILL happen) ask a few of the older members here, I am sure they will share their experiences with this.

In not a long time from now the world resources are going to go lower than William Hagues braincell count. So that means there will be no fuel to run machines that create games/consoles. Work force can't get into work as cars have no petrol. Can't export/import goods so lack of production. No fuels mean no electricity so consoles go first for not being able to play, and eventually batteries will die so GBA will go. So overall not looking to good.

Now for a lovely over the top one. So you think Microsoft will do well? (NO/YES) will they will do even worse if an asteroid from space landed on the place in America where Microsoft are, only enough to wipe them out and not destroy Earth.

So there you go, a lovely negative future for you all to look forward to. Remember all these scenarios could take place.

For more insane remarks from me tune in later!
Sat 09/06/01 at 00:01
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
Very interesting........
Sat 09/06/01 at 00:00
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
A slice of bacon.....hmmmmmmmmmmm.....interesting.
Fri 08/06/01 at 23:56
Regular
"Excommunicated"
It wasn't that insane a post that nobody replied to it was it?

Right I've got another one involving a slice of bacon and GBA... :D
Fri 08/06/01 at 20:59
"possibly impossible"
Ok, something a bit more realistic..

Alternative futures:

Microsoft, in a mad panic to hold on to their new found market of console gaming, secretly by up shares in Nintendo until they own the company, then banish the Gamecube and just create millions of Pokemon games to sell, making them more money, before selling off the Nintendo factories to some arab, saying that they are sure they saw an oil well in the back garden...

Then they buy up lots of PS2 stocks from the shops all over the world and send them back to Sony, saying they are all faulty, telling Watchdog and all the newspapers in the process. Sony see that they are making a loss from this and give up gaming to go and concentrate on walkmans and widescreen televisions instead. Bill Gates looks down at his spinning globe, that has little X flags all over it and laughs and evil laugh.
Fri 08/06/01 at 19:53
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Well I can't think of anymore at present!
Fri 08/06/01 at 16:43
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Sniper wrote: Well as the title reads I am going to give some different scenarios for the 'fututre of gaming' that I don't think anybody has mentioned because well... they are a tad insane.

Is it me or is fututre a completely different word to the title?

HA HA shut up you moron!

That sentence you wrote does not make any sense so why not just reply saying something useful to the human race.

Ah I feel better now ;)
Fri 08/06/01 at 16:25
Regular
Well as the title reads I am going to give some different scenarios for the 'fututre of gaming' that I don't think anybody has mentioned because well... they are a tad insane.

Is it me or is fututre a completely different word to the title?
Fri 08/06/01 at 16:20
Regular
"Excommunicated"
I just looked :D

Never knew there were that many pictures of chimps!
Fri 08/06/01 at 16:18
Regular
He is the missing link!! Quick tell a scientist!!
Fri 08/06/01 at 16:14
Regular
"smile, it's free"
If there's a third world war, not being able to play the next mario game will be the least of my worries ;)

I'm not going to mention any more on the potential or effects of a third world war, but check this page out

www.bushorchimp.com

Just to reaafirm your confidence in the most powerful man in the world...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.