GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Time for a Ralph update!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 14/10/05 at 10:46
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Bwahaha, I wish you could see him today, he's being very naughty (same as most days, but moreso) and having lots of rabbity adventures.

Rabbits are creatures of habit but they also like to explore, so the new digital piano in the frontroom (now called "Ralph's Room") was enough to trigger the mischief part of his brain. Now, we put it flush against the wall - there is hardly any gap as there are wires which we don't want chewed. So I go out in the kitchen, when I get back he's nowhere to be seen...but I can hear scratching. Yes, he's trapped behind the digital piano. No idea how he got in, but the gap gets bigger where the back of the piano is past the sides, so he could move. It's a very, very heavy instrument - took two of us to lift it into place, but I had to shift it myself or he'd have been there all day! Now he keeps trying to get behind it, I've had to put things in the way but he still climbs on them and tries to move them.

After this I thought he had settled down, so I pick up all the wires and make my way upstairs to use the toilet. While in there I hear a ripping sounds from downstairs - he's in the hallway. Chewing wallpaper. Again. "Ralph!" I shout, hoping to scare him. It stops, so I assume he's run in the front room. I go into the bathroom to wash my hands, and when I turn around, guess who is sitting at the top of the stairs? That's right, he followed me up! Ralph has now conquered the stairs. I panic a bit because I have no idea how to get him down and don't want him to trip and roll down. But he doesn't want to go down, instead he runs into the girlfriend's sister's room - where the cat was asleep in a basket on the floor.

Ralph and the cat have a chequered past, playing cat and mouse. Except the cat is the mouse. Ralph likes to chase her, but I don't think the cat quite knows how to respond, so she runs away. I'm downstairs by now, looking for his travelbox to bring him down safely. When I get back I find him halfway down already - he can do the stairs just fine! Hopefully this will have tired him out and he'll sleep for the rest of the day. Hopefully...
Sat 15/10/05 at 01:04
Regular
My rats never took a shine to water, I guess I left it a bit too late to introduce them to it.

I miss having the little guys running around. Stupid uni accomodation :(
Fri 14/10/05 at 18:59
Regular
"the burning sky"
We used to have a hamster that we kept in a corner on the worktop in the kicthen. One night it managed to open its own cage, get off the worktop, and run all the way from the kitchen to my parents room, about 30/40 paces. Once it had got in there, it managed to avoid the dog that was sleeping on the floor and then climb all the way to the top of a set of cupboards, about 6 foot high!
Fri 14/10/05 at 12:54
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
monkey_man wrote:
> How did this turn into an Animal Alcoholics Anonymous(e) confessional?

Heh, does Ralph not love the booze? Beer with rats is supposed to help prevent the tumors they are plagued with. Dunno about rabbits though.
Fri 14/10/05 at 12:40
Regular
"For One Night Only"
I had a hooded rat. Gorgeous creatures. Sitting on my shoulder, so I could walk all round the house with it, it was always cute to watch her wash herself.
Fri 14/10/05 at 11:35
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Hehehehehe, my two need a bath. The outright loathing in their eyes makes it all worth it.
Fri 14/10/05 at 11:34
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
How did this turn into an Animal Alcoholics Anonymous(e) confessional?
Fri 14/10/05 at 11:29
Regular
"I ush!"
I love rats.

Our rat used to like to sit on our shoulders, and if I was enjoying a quiet pint in front of the telly she would run down the length of my arm, perch on the edge of the glass, dip her little paws in and drink from her paws. I thought it was cute at first until I realised she made it almost impossible for me to continue drinking. She managed to maintain perfect balance no matter which way I tilted the glass.

Ahh, the memories :)
Fri 14/10/05 at 11:03
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
I think his bad (reads "funny") behaviour is down to a few changes. Someone else cleaned his cage out the other day and put his food and litter areas back the wrong way. He adapted very quicky, but has been naughty ever since. I'll try to film when he goes in his cage tonight - he knows we're about to top up his food for the night, and he goes bonkers waiting for it.
Fri 14/10/05 at 10:59
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
When pets attack.

I've had a rat escape (no idea how) and end up in our bed. Vermin alarm clock if you will.

One also managed to get into a sofa. That was a fun 3 hours trying to coax her out.

The favorite trick now is for one to act all cute and affectionate. While the other steals your booze.

[URL]http://img292.imageshack.us/my.php?image=pict00029py.jpg[/URL]
Fri 14/10/05 at 10:46
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Bwahaha, I wish you could see him today, he's being very naughty (same as most days, but moreso) and having lots of rabbity adventures.

Rabbits are creatures of habit but they also like to explore, so the new digital piano in the frontroom (now called "Ralph's Room") was enough to trigger the mischief part of his brain. Now, we put it flush against the wall - there is hardly any gap as there are wires which we don't want chewed. So I go out in the kitchen, when I get back he's nowhere to be seen...but I can hear scratching. Yes, he's trapped behind the digital piano. No idea how he got in, but the gap gets bigger where the back of the piano is past the sides, so he could move. It's a very, very heavy instrument - took two of us to lift it into place, but I had to shift it myself or he'd have been there all day! Now he keeps trying to get behind it, I've had to put things in the way but he still climbs on them and tries to move them.

After this I thought he had settled down, so I pick up all the wires and make my way upstairs to use the toilet. While in there I hear a ripping sounds from downstairs - he's in the hallway. Chewing wallpaper. Again. "Ralph!" I shout, hoping to scare him. It stops, so I assume he's run in the front room. I go into the bathroom to wash my hands, and when I turn around, guess who is sitting at the top of the stairs? That's right, he followed me up! Ralph has now conquered the stairs. I panic a bit because I have no idea how to get him down and don't want him to trip and roll down. But he doesn't want to go down, instead he runs into the girlfriend's sister's room - where the cat was asleep in a basket on the floor.

Ralph and the cat have a chequered past, playing cat and mouse. Except the cat is the mouse. Ralph likes to chase her, but I don't think the cat quite knows how to respond, so she runs away. I'm downstairs by now, looking for his travelbox to bring him down safely. When I get back I find him halfway down already - he can do the stairs just fine! Hopefully this will have tired him out and he'll sleep for the rest of the day. Hopefully...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.